Why are some e-mails going to my desktop account, but not my phone?

SoCoolMom

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I have rules in place in Outlook to put messages from certain people/companies directly into folders. Since I've updated my Icon to Denim, the messages that go to folders in my desktop Outlook no longer come to my phone. How can I change this to see everything on my phone again?

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Try download content-as item arrives in sync settings in mail.

One thing for sure outlook on WP does not notify you for emails that go to other folders other than your inbox.so check your files for new emails

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Do you mean there is a setting on my desktop outlook that I should change?

Not sure what the OP means.
But on your phone open your mail > push the 3 dots ... > tap folders > tap all folders > check if the folders you miss are set to sync.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Even if set to sync, they'll be no notification/display that a new message has arrived. That only works for messages that remain in Inbox.
​Whilst Rules are cool in Outlook, Search Folders are cooler. It may be worth setting up Search Folders and removing (or pausing) the Rules. You'll be able to easily view/search/sort your mails in Outlook, but because they'll "really" still be in Inbox you'll get notifications on your phone.

SoCoolMom

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your input! I have turned off all of my rules, and am going to try "Quick Steps" instead. It looks like I can configure my Outlook to move messages to designated folders with quick steps AFTER I have read them on my desktop. That means they should make it to my phone before getting moved.

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your input! I have turned off all of my rules, and am going to try "Quick Steps" instead. It looks like I can configure my Outlook to move messages to designated folders with quick steps AFTER I have read them on my desktop. That means they should make it to my phone before getting moved.

Why to change your folder rules,is it due to lack of notification?

SoCoolMom

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I like to review everything on my phone, then go look for it in a folder if I need to address it. For example, I don't want e-mails from stores cluttering my inbox - I like to send them directly to a 'solicitations' folder. However, when I shop at Kohl's, I want to have that email on my phone with the 30% off code! Since I deleted my rules, I'm getting all messages to my phone again. Unfortunately, the 'quick steps' don't work as I thought they would. After I read the Kohl's message, I have to click the 'quick step' to move it to the solicitations folder now. Bummer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)