Is there any solution?I can't expand the collapsed sections on my OneNote(2013 desktop vers).

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Untitled11.jpg
I use just only onenotebook which is saved on onedrive.so far I have been using it with notebook pined to the side pan,which of course reduces the screen real-estate but all my sections are visible not collapsed, so that I can easily navigate through all my sections.However if i create just one more new section or unpin the notebook from the side pan(notebook moves to the top along with the sections)last few sections are collapsed and worst of all is that I can't expand them by any means unless i delete the newly created section or pin the notebook to the side and then expand the sections from the notebook pan.when I click to expand nothing happens except a blink of the scroll bar.what is happening?how do I expand those sections?please help me out with this..i need to expand the collapsed sections properly. It says "show the rest of the sections" when I hover over the collapsed section area, so I'm sure it is possible but don't know why it doesn't work for me.

Update:
A guy on Microsoft community posted that he had the same issue(with all his notebooks) on his windows 7, however on his windows 8.1 PC the same edition of office 2013 doesn't have this behaviour. what does the OS has got to do with this anyway? I am running windows 8.

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I noticed the red X at the notebook icon at the upper left, your notebook is not syncing. Look for syncing or connection problems.

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
I noticed the red X at the notebook icon at the upper left, your notebook is not syncing. Look for syncing or connection problems.

thank you for your reply.NO it doesnt work even when my notebook has synced.only at the time of that screenshot i was offline.I have been facing this issue for quite sometime now it never worked regardless of the notes sync status.Now my note is in sync but still doesnt show the collapsed sections. I don't think it has anything to do with syncing of notes. has anyone faced the same problem?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077