I am currently subscribing Office 365, and I am using it on my HP Stream 11 and on Windows 10. I've been previewing Office 2016 for the past few weeks, and while I do like it, I have a number of issues, especially the fact that the Office suite takes too many spaces (32 GB on the Stream 11 is a bit of an issue to manage), and that I cannot select which apps to install (e.g. I don't want to install Access, yet I don't have the option not to install it). Meanwhile, I realize that there are Mobile apps of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint for Windows 10. I also noticed that these Mobile apps take significantly less storage, and I can pick whichever I want to install.

My question is, is it worth it to use the Mobile version instead of the full suite on my Stream 11? Will I suffer significant sacrifices by using the Mobile version instead of the full suite?

If a use case is needed: I am using my notebook computer mainly for research and writing a book and/or research paper. To that, I need break/column layout, styles, footnote-endnote-table of contents, robust table making (Word); data collection and calculation in multiple spreadsheets (Excel); and diagram drawing on PowerPoint. Generally, though, I want these apps to be able to work with offline copies of those files I put on OneDrive. Those are the needs, at least. Simply put, I want to know what do I sacrifice if I use the Mobile apps, and will I be able to continue working with the usual workflow afterwards.

Many thanks before!
    08-26-2015 10:25 AM
    A large majority of the functionality is retained in the mobile apps, and you shouldn't run into problems. It is possible to have both installed on the same system. The main difference is that the Mobile apps make better use of touch and will be much easier to work complex things on a tablet.

If I were you, I'd download them for testing, and see what I like. Only YOU can decide if they are right for you. I have both installed on my 2-in-1, because when I'm in mouse and keyboard mode, I like the full Office, but when using it in tablet mode, I prefer the touch version. So far, I've not found anything missing from the touch version, but I'm sure there must be something.
    08-26-2015 12:59 PM