Surface Pro 3, Windows 10 latest build.

I use the Onenote app instead of desktop because the desktop writing suite and palm rejection feels like a joke for note taking. Unfortunetly, I've got two nasty issues.

1. My surface pen frequently stopsbeing detected; that is, I'll be writing and suddenly the pen isn't detected by my screen. The battery has been replaced (twice). The only way to fix this sometimes by clicking the OneNote button (which is a 50/50), restarting the machine, or taking the battery out then putting it back into the pen.

2. The onenote app crashes frequently, usually losing the last few moments of work. This morning I lost a half page. I would reinstall it, but it appears to be a default that I can't uninstall.

Anyone have any ideas?
    09-25-2015 09:57 AM
    I had similar issues with onenote after I upgraded to windows 10.

The only way I resolved the issue was to do a clean install of windows 10. It's a total pain in the neck but it was the only way I could get onenote (and quite a few other apps) working properly.

If you think it's worth having a go, you'll find some basic instructions here: How to do a clean install of Windows 10 - CNET
    Blake Seaman likes this.
    09-25-2015 10:18 AM
    Yeah, In general my experience has been entirely Sub-par across the board on my surface. I guess I'll clean install. Thanks all (no-no-applesux)
    09-29-2015 10:13 AM