How do I share my Outlook.com calendar with a Google user?

pjhenry1216

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I want to share my Outlook.com calendar with a Google user. They don't need to be able to modify anything, just view it. Currently, I can basically give them a snapshot, but I'd like them to be subscribed in that any changes I make will be reflected on their side. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
These instructions apply to accessing your Outlook calendar on the web;

" Get a link

You can give anyone a link that will give them view-only access to your calendar?and they can pass it on to others. People you give a link to can access your calendar via other calendar apps, like Microsoft Outlook, Google Calendar, Mozilla Lightning, or iCal.

You can choose from two access levels: Show event details, and Show free/busy time. You can have one set of links for each access level.

Here?s how to get a link:

In Calendar, click Share, and then click the name of the calendar you want to share.

Click Get a link.

Choose Show event details or Show free/busy time. Click Create under the type you want.

Each set of links allows people to access your calendar three different ways:

View in a web browser (HTML)

Import into other calendar apps (ICS)

View in a feed reader (XML)

No matter which link in the set they use, the permissions are the same."

Once they have your link, they can import that calendar into their Google calendar,

pjhenry1216

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
None of that works out of the box, though I found it I change "webcals://" to "http://" on the "Import into other calendar apps" provided link, it can be imported into Google. However, its only a snapshot. Google doesn't get any updates from there on in unless they remove and re-import the link.

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
You need to use the Import to other calendars link to have it work. I did see that Microsoft had a notice that they were updating the web calendar, maybe this is currently non-functional.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon