I have tried several times to install the official Windows 10 update on my Nokia ICON. so far no luck ends up in just a repeating reboot cycle and I have to use the Device recovery tool to get my phone back. Is there another method to install this update? Will it be available on the Device recovery tool at some point soon?

Thanks,
    Frustrated.......

I attempted the insider build install, and I'm running into the same problem. Currently my phone is showing the battery with the plug, black screen for a few seconds, might see the windows logo pop up, then the gears for a few seconds, then black and repeat..... Phone is quite hot now... Guess I'm not destined to have Windows 10 on this phone.
    Last edited by ctdreamin; 07-01-2016 at 11:32 AM. Reason: update
    07-01-2016 08:13 AM
    I have tried several times to install the official Windows 10 update on my Nokia ICON. so far no luck ends up in just a repeating reboot cycle and I have to use the Device recovery tool to get my phone back. Is there another method to install this update? Will it be available on the Device recovery tool at some point soon?

Thanks,
    Frustrated.......
    you can try using the insider method - though if there's an underlying issue, this might not work

Enrol into windows insider program
    Install the insider app
    Sign in, select release ring and follow instructions
    Check for updates for OS and for store after the upgrade

Thanks,
    Frustrated.......
    you can try using the insider method - though if there's an underlying issue, this might not work

Enrol into windows insider program
    Install the insider app
    Sign in, select release ring and follow instructions
    Check for updates for OS and for store after the upgrade
    07-01-2016 08:17 AM
    I attempted the insider build install, and I'm running into the same problem. Currently my phone is showing the battery with the plug, black screen for a few seconds, might see the windows logo pop up, then the gears for a few seconds, then black and repeat..... Phone is quite hot now... Guess I'm not destined to have Windows 10 on this phone.
    07-01-2016 11:34 AM
    use windows device recovery tool to restore your phone to original OS

What insider build did you try to install?
    07-02-2016 08:54 AM