Icon Official Windows 10 update fails, what can I do?

ctdreamin

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Icon Official Windows 10 update fails

I have tried several times to install the official Windows 10 update on my Nokia ICON. so far no luck ends up in just a repeating reboot cycle and I have to use the Device recovery tool to get my phone back. Is there another method to install this update? Will it be available on the Device recovery tool at some point soon?

Thanks,
Frustrated.......

I attempted the insider build install, and I'm running into the same problem. Currently my phone is showing the battery with the plug, black screen for a few seconds, might see the windows logo pop up, then the gears for a few seconds, then black and repeat..... Phone is quite hot now... Guess I'm not destined to have Windows 10 on this phone.

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Icon Official Windows 10 update fails

I have tried several times to install the official Windows 10 update on my Nokia ICON. so far no luck ends up in just a repeating reboot cycle and I have to use the Device recovery tool to get my phone back. Is there another method to install this update? Will it be available on the Device recovery tool at some point soon?

Thanks,
Frustrated.......

you can try using the insider method - though if there's an underlying issue, this might not work

Enrol into windows insider program
Install the insider app
Sign in, select release ring and follow instructions
Check for updates for OS and for store after the upgrade

ctdreamin

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site

I attempted the insider build install, and I'm running into the same problem. Currently my phone is showing the battery with the plug, black screen for a few seconds, might see the windows logo pop up, then the gears for a few seconds, then black and repeat..... Phone is quite hot now... Guess I'm not destined to have Windows 10 on this phone.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

use windows device recovery tool to restore your phone to original OS

What insider build did you try to install?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea