Outlook Calendar - Birthday on wrong date

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday, I noticed that I was getting a birthday for today (August 8) regarding one of my friends. This friend hid his birthday in Facebook a few years ago as a test to see if hill wall would still be flooded with birthday wishes on the day of. The weird thing I'm noticing about this birthday reminder is that his birthday is actually August 10.

When I checked http://calendar.live.com to look at my birthday calendar details, it says the source of this birthday entry is Skype. I checked the Skype Preview app, and it says that this friend has not shared his information with me, so I'm not sure how my calendar added a birthday for him.

I deleted this birthday entry, then added it as August 10 to his contact entry in Outlook.com. I can't seem to find a way for the calendar to refresh with this information. Shouldn't the Outlook People web app be automatically connected to the Calendar?

albertico

May 15, 2012
Visit site
First, on birthday events originating from Skype, I've had mixed results with deleting those and having them show up. But to deal with your Birthday Calendar issues as a whole, I strongly recommend starting from fresh. I would recommend following the steps this user posted on a similar thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/mi...calendar-grrrr-sooo-annoying.html#post3485766

I would also recommend the following:
1) Add birthday data to an existing contact in People (versus adding a Birthday event within calendar.live.com)
2) Delete your Birthday calendar and wait a few minutes, half an hour if you're super paranoid about giving it time.
3) When you re-create the Birthday calendar, look over all of the options and customize per your liking (email notifications, calendar icon, color, etc.)
4) Investigate whether most of your birthday data is coming from Outlook/People contacts or Facebook. Facebook integration has been shaky, so I moved away from that and am now keeping it all within Outlook contacts in People.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs