Students get 10% off through Microsoft Store

nuprotocol

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I was on the fence because of the Nokia Sirius, however after going through the reddit. I found this little gem. lol

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1mz20e/hi_im_panos_panay_corporate_vp_of_surface_at/ccdz3q0

*******************************************************************************************************************
]weetigo 3 points 3 hours ago
Will you offer the same Student Deals (10% discount) for Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2?

[–]SurfaceTeam[S] 4 points 3 hours ago
Yes - through Microsoft Store
*******************************************************************************************************************

Then again here.

purify2 comments on Hi, I

Then again here. lol

alphaorionis comments on Hi, I

I'm sold and getting the Surface 2 now. This will make the Surface2 $404.10

kcaneiro

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I used my .edu account and requested a code. The codes do not work for the Surface 2 - regardless of what Panos said in the AMA. I double checked with the Microsoft Store chat - and they confirmed - only good for the original surface.

This is typical of Microsoft and something that should have been resolved prior to the pre-order. I have a letter out to Ballmer now to see what the story is. I could not figure out how to email to Panos - tried multiple email addresses using the templates of other MS employees.

For now - no preorder for me....

nuprotocol

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I used my .edu account and requested a code. The codes do not work for the Surface 2 - regardless of what Panos said in the AMA. I double checked with the Microsoft Store chat - and they confirmed - only good for the original surface.

This is typical of Microsoft and something that should have been resolved prior to the pre-order. I have a letter out to Ballmer now to see what the story is. I could not figure out how to email to Panos - tried multiple email addresses using the templates of other MS employees.

For now - no preorder for me....

Wow you are right! I just tried to preorder with my code and no go. I guess no pre-order for me as well. I'll call them to see If I can find out anything different.

michaelreid722

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
This is very frustrating, it's what I had planned on doing! There isn't a Microsoft store near my school either so unless they change this on the site I'll have to purchase it from somewhere else.

nuprotocol

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
This is very frustrating, it's what I had planned on doing! There isn't a Microsoft store near my school either so unless they change this on the site I'll have to purchase it from somewhere else.

yes it is! ill update this thread later tonight after I call.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Lol people deny themselves buying the device because they can't get a 10% discount.....WOW

10% can be $100-$170 if you are buying a surface pro, 50 if you are buying the surface 2.

That is a good sum of money. It might be worth waiting until they let you use the discount. Also if you live in a state with sales tax, it will basically cover this. 10% when buying something over $100 can be a good reason not to buy something.

nuprotocol

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
10% can be $100-$170 if you are buying a surface pro, 50 if you are buying the surface 2.

That is a good sum of money. It might be worth waiting until they let you use the discount. Also if you live in a state with sales tax, it will basically cover this. 10% when buying something over $100 can be a good reason not to buy something.

Yes it is. (DAYLIFE) was that user that felt it was odd that some of us wanted to wait before we purchased. I'm at my local MS Store now. They are not doing 10% Student discount on preorders but they will on launch day. The code we received with our EDU address is for online only. On launch day, just bring your student ID for the 10% discount. I just reserved a Surface2 for $50 and will be back on launch day with my Student ID to pay the balance minus today's $50 and minus the 10%.

p.s. I'm actually responding to this post from a Surface2. Both Surface2 and Surface Pro 2 are on display.

kcaneiro

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I spoke to someone from executive support. I told them either we get the student discount or we don't. What is the difference if we use it on pre-ordering? The point is we are ordering. She admitted that it didn't make sense. I'm going to wait because I can and the money is money - not something I should to throw away because the different parts of Microsoft can't get their act together and agree on anything.

To the person above who couldn't believe that someone would wait for the 10% - you are a fool - and you know what they say about a fool and his money...

How was the speed on the Surface2? Big step up from the RT?

nuprotocol

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I spoke to someone from executive support. I told them either we get the student discount or we don't. What is the difference if we use it on pre-ordering? The point is we are ordering. She admitted that it didn't make sense. I'm going to wait because I can and the money is money - not something I should to throw away because the different parts of Microsoft can't get their act together and agree on anything.

To the person above who couldn't believe that someone would wait for the 10% - you are a fool - and you know what they say about a fool and his money...

How was the speed on the Surface2? Big step up from the RT?

Yes it is! Launching apps on the Surface2 is only a sec behind or less than the SurfacePro2.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/mi...6-surface2-first-impressions.html#post2145815

kcaneiro

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft support called me this morning. They are giving me the discount but they had to do the order via phone. Preorder is in...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99