Microsoft's stock unchanged... Are investors afraid/cautious?

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I personally feel that RT can really find a niche in the ecosystem, but investors don't seem to think so. Why not? In that regard, what are you thoughts on what Microsoft has done with Surface 2 and RT 8.1?

Daylife

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Microsoft's stock remains relatively unchanged... Are investors afraid/cautious of the move by M

Microsoft made great changes and addressed every hardware issue, windows 8.1 is great.

I blame the Gold iPhone 5S. lol

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Microsoft's stock remains relatively unchanged... Are investors afraid/cautious of the move by M

I personally feel that RT can really find a niche in the ecosystem, but investors don't seem to think so. Why not?

Maybe they remember the $900M write-down? The first RT was not a hit.

Somewhere around 1.5 - 2 million were sold. The amount of the write-down indicated that 6 million were not sold. Microsoft was very optimistic! Another point of interest is that Microsoft supposedly spent more in marketing the RT than the revenue from sales, according to cnet.com.

Last edited:

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

It takes a lot to move Microsofts stock price.

Microsoft purchasing Nokia- moves the price

Steve Ballmer stating he will retire- moves the price

Microsoft announcing the Surface 2- won't move the price. It's just not big enough news.

Microsoft is a solid company, that pays decent dividends. Don't look for huge moves in the price. Microsoft is a great longterm investment although.

Cleavitt76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I agree with what other have said, but in addition to all of that I think that the average investor doesn't really understand MS's true position in the overall market and its strategy for mobile in the future. Most investors are just your typical consumers with some extra money to waste. They ignore or are completely unaware of all of the incredibly successful MS products and focus only on mobile. Right now MS is playing catch up in the mobile market. People only seem to notice that one area where MS isn't dominating and they aren't forward thinking enough to figure out that MS is positioning themselves to have the most complete and capable ecosystem out there. Meanwhile companies like apple are cranking out the same products year after year. As a result investors are generally undervaluing MS and some actually (foolishly) believe that MS is about to collapse. As time goes on people will start to finally understand what MS is doing and the stock price will climb. In the mean time, buy some MS stock while its still undervalued. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12