Surface 2 questions

Javichu1984

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello everybody.

It's my first post, but I want to talk with you some inexplicable things that I've observed on the new announced Sourface 2:

- Why is only 5 point touch? I don't think, this should be an issue today, all the other direct competition comes with >10 point multitouch. I also think that this could not reach it's price...

- And another obvious thing, microSD slot? Not microSDHC or microSDXC, only limited to 2GB! Why this? All the new cards on earth are bigger than this, and what could represent this in the price, 1? more?

All the specs are taken from here: Tienda online Microsoft Store Espa?a

What do you think about this "fails"? I think is a very good device and I will buy it, but theese stupid things makes no sense...

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
The only use I can come up with for 10 point touch would be some game where multiple people would be touching the screen at the same time, for single use I really hope no gesture requires me to have all fingers on the screen.

I'm pretty sure the MicroSD is not just 2gb microSD, as that's not the case on the first Surfaces either. It's probably just easier for consumers, even my mom knows what MicroSD is but would be confused if I always referred to MicroSDHC or something

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well for starters 10 point multitouch is completely unnecessary on a 10.6 inch tablet. Ive had my RT since November and not once have I ever used more than one hand or one finger on each hand while using the device.

Also the 2gb your referring to is the Ram not the capability of the SD card slot

Also now its just a micoSD it allows for the use of other cards whereas the original RT was SDXC only.

No Fails here.

Javichu1984

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
From the Microsoft site:

"Un lector de tarjetas microSD le permite agregar hasta 2 GB de almacenamiento adicional."

In English: An aditional microSD card reader could use up to 2GB of aditional storage.

And on the tech specs:

"microSD card reader".

And on Surface 2 Pro:

"microSDXC card reader".

And about the 10 point multi touch, ok, but, why the Pro gets 10 point? It should be a standard...

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I dont even care if I can pop in a 64GB Sc card and can have xbox controller support via usb. Surface has just become very good with the new release, these points dont matter to me at all.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Not sure where your looking but the Microsoft store im looking at says the following

[h=2]Tons of Ports[/h]Bring your entire media collection with you wherever you go. A microSD card reader lets you add up to 64 GB of extra storage. Show off everything on the big screen using the video out port. A full-size USB 3.0 port and Bluetooth 4.0 provide clutter-free connections with wireless mice and headsets.

Javichu1984

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
So maybe is a mistake on the Spanish Microsoft site?

Another question for Surface users... Do you know if it's possible to conect a Lenovo Thinkpad Docking USB 3.0? This could be the ultimate mobile for offices! :D. Now I had a DELL XPS 13 attached to the USB 3.0 docking and I could get two 1080p screens powered with it...

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So maybe is a mistake on the Spanish Microsoft site?

Another question for Surface users... Do you know if it's possible to conect a Lenovo Thinkpad Docking USB 3.0? This could be the ultimate mobile for offices! :D. Now I had a DELL XPS 13 attached to the USB 3.0 docking and I could get two 1080p screens powered with it...

Have never tried using a docking station on my RT but since they sorted out the upscaling in 8.1 I have been connecting to a separate monitor a lot more with the HDMImini. It will be good to have 1080p on both the surface and an extra monitor as well now.

TheCodifier

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Here is what I see on the Microsoft Canada site : Microsoft Store Canada Online Store

Tons of Ports
Bring your entire media collection with you wherever you go. A microSD card reader lets you add up to 2 GB of extra storage. Show off everything on the big screen using the video out port. A full-size USB 3.0 port and Bluetooth 4.0 provide clutter-free connections with wireless mice and headsets.

For the Surface 2 Pro however, they advertise a microSDXC port with up to 64 GB of extra storage.

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
My Surface RT definitely supports MicroSDXC cards as I have a 32GB card in mine right now. I cannot believe that they'd change that, why would they? This must be a mistake.

TheCodifier

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I hope so, on the Microsoft US site, they indeed advertise up to 64GB for the Surface 2.

I just browsed Newegg and I see they have up to 128 GB cards. Maybe that would work too.

I agree it would be very odd to downgrade the card reader on the Surface 2 versus the Surface RT.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion