Surface RT/2 Performance Comparison

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I've been avoiding using the onscreen keyboard because I thought it was awarded. I would usually use the split keyboard which is good but slow for me. Now I'm using the full keyboard option again and I'm getting pretty good at typing. The large, 16:9 screen is pretty good for typing on.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Just posting these here because I realized they should be in at least one of these stickies lol.

Also, I was playing around with the PlayTo using a MP4 stored on the hard drive. The S2 do a great job playing the video on my 360 (obviously :grin:). I also learned something new. After the video started playing I could still navigate to another app and the video kept playing on my 360. I even put my S2 to sleep and the video was still playing. Pretty awesome.

spop9

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for posting those comparison videos. Considering the market seems to be around $200 for the surface RT would you say there is a big enough performance benefit to justify the extra cost of the Surface 2? When the two devices are side by side there is a definite advantage I just wonder how much I will notice during average day to day use?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for posting those comparison videos. Considering the market seems to be around $200 for the surface RT would you say there is a big enough performance benefit to justify the extra cost of the Surface 2? When the two devices are side by side there is a definite advantage I just wonder how much I will notice during average day to day use?

I know a lot of it comes down to personal use but, as a former Surface 1 owner, I very much appreciate the added horse power of the S2. For me, it's the little things. For example, using Xbox Music or Netflix on the S1 can be a painful affair. The apps are slow and sluggish, which is a shame because both apps are quite nice. But on my S2, everything runs nice and smooth. I don't play many games, though part of that is lack of options. Still, if gaming is your thing then you'll definitely want the S2. I will give the S1 the win in stability. The S1 seems to have less software problems, in my experience. Plus, there are some noticeable color banding issues on the S2 if you look closely enough. Still, I'm much happier with my S2.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99