Surface 2 Universal Stylus Support

eharris55

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the Logiix Stylus Diamond which is similar to the adonit jot pro. They use a spring with a clear disk which allows for a better "flex". It also includes a plastic film to cover the disk. I'd recommend it.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
Just a quick follow up on the "Adonit Jot scratches screens" claim...

What I've been reading is that the Jot scratches screen PROTECTORS. That I can totally believe as even the best screen protectors are nowhere near as durable as glass. I read where somebody was ranting about the Jot scratching the screen itself and even posted photos of the result... what was comical about it were the visible air bubbles where dust specks prevented the protector from adhering seamlessly to the screen... and yet the guy claimed it was the screen itself.

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Just a quick follow up on the "Adonit Jot scratches screens" claim...

What I've been reading is that the Jot scratches screen PROTECTORS. That I can totally believe as even the best screen protectors are nowhere near as durable as glass. I read where somebody was ranting about the Jot scratching the screen itself and even posted photos of the result... what was comical about it were the visible air bubbles where dust specks prevented the protector from adhering seamlessly to the screen... and yet the guy claimed it was the screen itself.

OK. Thanks for the clarification.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
Oh ok, but does it easily break? And what's the difference between the normal and pro one?
You definitely want the Adonit Jot instead of the cheapo rubber-tipped stylus. Those rubber tipped ones work great on the iPad but not on the Surface.

I ended up buying a purple Adonit Jot (to match the purple Type Cover 2). As for whether or not it easily breaks, that depends upon how you treat it. It isn't any more prone to breakage than any other stylus provided that you screw on the protective cap when it is not in use. That's a little more care needed than simply tossing a cheapo stylus in the bag, but in my opinion the difference in the quality of inking is well worth it.

The difference between the Jot and Jot Pro is that the Pro includes a rubber wrapper grip when you hold it, a "dampening mechanism" for the tip that "gives" as you press down (like a shock absorber), and it cost $15 more than the Jot.

I'd recommend getting the Jot ($15 at walmart.com) and trying it out... if you really like it and want to go the extra for the Pro, then give the Jot away as a gift... it comes in a nice-looking package that is easy to reseal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos