I am thinking about getting a surface 2 but the ability for the tablet to either block or preferably report visiting explicit web sites is a must for me. Is there any 3rd party applications or built in software that does this on rt or do I just have to go with full blown windows 8?
    10-15-2013 02:41 AM
    Please see this link. It is possible to set up your child's account on RT.
    10-15-2013 02:46 AM
    Does this report any questionable web visits / searches to the parent account?
    10-15-2013 05:02 PM
    I don't know if it will report only attempted questionable visits or searches. But it will log ALL web sites visited and you can see that report.

I have been told that the functionality in RT is identical to those features on Win8. So, you could try it on a PC to see if it does exactly what you want.
    10-23-2013 11:44 PM
    Thank yall. Looked a bit further into it by setting up my wife's account as the parent and mine as the child. The family safety gives a report of all websites visited to the parent account via the family safety site and blocks sites based on content (or requested blocking). RT is officially a go for me :)
    HeyCori likes this.
    10-28-2013 12:38 PM
    Hey just letting you guys know that it is easy, even for a child to reset the rt to factory settings thereby allowing him/her to get on sites that are explicit. So this will not necessarily work for all situations. Keep monitoring your child's activity regardless. On that note I am wondering if anyone knows about third party apps or software available for accountability watch on the rt
    04-18-2014 12:46 PM
    I have several devices in my home and instead of having to find a program that will work on each one, I have been using OpenDNS's Family Shield DNS. It is setup in my router so that it covers my Surface2, desktop, kids iPod, kindles, PS3, etc. I don't get any sort of reporting though.
    04-23-2014 05:42 PM