Official "I have the Surface 2" thread

katakulli

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
re: Official "I have the Surface 2" thread

hey dolphinparty: you do own a surface rt, right? After you set up the tripod, please make a videoof both running side by side and do speed comparisons, such as opening apps, internet explorer, and also install Six Guns on both of,them to show how the new gpu holds up.. thanks for your videos..

rebornempowered

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site

Yesterday I felt like my Surface RT was brand new with 8.1 and I decided I didn't want a Surface 2. After seeing this I am back to thinking trading in the RT at Best Buy and getting a 2 is the plan again. :)

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the videos! I'd love to see a video of Hydro Thunder, or at least your impressions, if you happen to own the game. It's quite graphically intensive, and I know on the Surface RT it becomes a slide show after about 5 minutes of playing. Thanks in advance.

techknight

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

I'm curious about the performance of IE 11 on the Surface 2. Could you upload a video of showing that? Maybe load up wpcentral and theverge?

Daylife

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the videos! I'd love to see a video of Hydro Thunder, or at least your impressions, if you happen to own the game. It's quite graphically intensive, and I know on the Surface RT it becomes a slide show after about 5 minutes of playing. Thanks in advance.

A slideshow o_0? I have it and it never slows down.

Daylife

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

the kickstand on 2 seems thinner and it could break easily.

It doesn't break easily, its just like the RT one. Just a little thinner....So unless you like to body slam your Surface you shouldn't have any issues.

techknight

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the video! IE 11 combined with Tegra 4 seems to be a much better experience. I'll be in line come Tuesday morning for mine!

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site

It doesn't break easily, its just like the RT one. Just a little thinner....So unless you like to body slam your Surface you shouldn't have any issues.
Exactly what I am afraid of. its a little thinner, its scary that I could break it if I press down on it.

dolphinparty

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

There is no app for testing the battery is there?

Just trying to think of the best way to test it. Youtube video in a loop at full screen brightness?

sinic999

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site

Damn, I can't wait for my surface 2 to arrive. By the way, have you tried using the mini-HDMI to HDMI cable on a TV or monitor????

dolphinparty

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

Just found out the Argos Text Message & Phone reservation system still works.

Click and Collect with Argos!

1435306 (32 GB)
1384921 (64 GB)

I can't be sure if they would actually sell your a Surface but it just gave me a valid reservation number and told me I had until Monday to collect.

So I can have another one today.........

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb