Official "I have the Surface 2" thread

johnbash612

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
re: Official "I have the Surface 2" thread

Exactly what I am afraid of. its a little thinner, its scary that I could break it if I press down on it.

I was also nervous about the stability of the last position of the surface, so I went to the Ms store to try it out. I was seriously blown away by how stable and sturdy it was, so have no fear. If you are concerned then definitely try one out at a store first before you buy but I'm certain you won't be disappointed. Also just an fyi, but I thought the second angle would be fairly useless, but I quickly learned to appreciate it as a 6 foot 1 inch guy, it looks like just a subtle change but in practice it makes a huge difference.

dolphinparty

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

Still trying to kill the battery but 4 hours elapsed:

With the screen on full brightness and a full HD movie playing in a loop (with the speakers muted)

I have 62 % battery remaining.

Will update when it dies.

dolphinparty

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the tip off mate, just reserved mine now and on my way to get it! Made up!!

I've just seen the update on the Verge:unhappy::

Update: An Argos spokesperson says it has withdrawn Surface 2 from sale in the UK. "We fully comply with embargos issued by our suppliers and have withdrawn the Microsoft Surface 2 from sale with immediate effect. We are working with Microsoft to investigate this error as a matter of urgency."

I hope you manage(d) to get yours.

dolphinparty

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

I was wondering why I couldn't find it on the Argos website :p

It dissapeared from the website last night.

BUT

I found out earlier:

Just found out the Argos Text Message & Phone reservation system still works.

Click and Collect with Argos!

1435306 (32 GB)
1384921 (64 GB)

Its possible however since the Verge announcement they have stopped the tills from selling them completely (but it still lets you reserve)

Daniel Curry

Banned
May 6, 2013
Visit site

I've just got mine. There was a bit of confusion about how and why I'd come to collect an item that I had reserved that wasn't even out yet, but I came out with it in the end!

dolphinparty

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

:grin: So the updated statement on the Verge is wrong. I guess Argos believe by pulling it from the website they have done enough.

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site

This all has been extremely encouraging. Surface is expensive and I was unsure I was going to be happy with spending a bunch of money when I already have an RT.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site

You lucky dog, enjoy your new tablet! I'm still anticipating my purchase this coming Tuesday night, should be awesome!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon