Official "I have the Surface 2" thread

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
re: Official "I have the Surface 2" thread

Battery still won't die.

7 hours in, full brightness HD movie in a constant loop.

31% remains.

*insert mouth drop here*

That's incredible battery life... Just wow. I'm curious as to what the Surface Pro 2's battery life is. Sure, it'll be shorter, but wit the battery on the Surface 2, very promising. Thanks for the videos and intel, and again I say, you lucky dog! xD

dolphinparty

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

just curious what movie is in a constant loop.

Salt. First thing I grabbed from my network share.

It looks really good with the screen on full brightness.

Sound has been off the whole time. Which might save a bit of power.

The thing I've been impressed with is how consistent the power drain is.

Daniel Curry

Banned
May 6, 2013
Visit site

I have to admit, I am very impressed with the Surface 2 so far. The hardware is incredible, and it is nice to hold. It is quicker, and the battery life is great. Can't wait to start using this properly at work!

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site

I have to admit, I am very impressed with the Surface 2 so far. The hardware is incredible, and it is nice to hold. It is quicker, and the battery life is great. Can't wait to start using this properly at work!

How's the kickstand? I got to use it for about 10 seconds, when I went to the Panos Panay event at my store. I was lucky enough to be chosen from the audience, and the kickstand felt rather stable, not wobbly like it is in the first position.

I'm all the more exciting for my upcoming Surface 2 Pro. I suppose the fact that it's my first Surface ever, not just an upgrade, makes it that much more exciting! Tuesday will be fantastic. xD

Jealy666

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

I hadn't done much research on the Surface 2 in all honesty (even though I've been looking for an RT tablet for a while), so I thought I broke my kickstand when I found the "other" position it has. It's a good angle - fab to have the choice.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site

I hadn't done much research on the Surface 2 in all honesty (even though I've been looking for an RT tablet for a while), so I thought I broke my kickstand when I found the "other" position it has. It's a good angle - fab to have the choice.

And much better for use in one's lap. They try to pitch this thing as a laptop replacement, so it damn sure better fit comfortably in one's lap. XD

Jealy666

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

And much better for use in one's lap. They try to pitch this thing as a laptop replacement, so it damn sure better fit comfortably in one's lap. XD

Good point, didn't think of that... yeah it's a very nice position for the lap - could take a photo if you want*.

*photo may include my crotch.

EDIT - Yeah why not.

Last edited:

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

I want a surface RT vs surface 2 speed comparison video and then a surface 2 vs Nokia 2520 speed comparison video

Daylife

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

I want a surface RT vs surface 2 speed comparison video and then a surface 2 vs Nokia 2520 speed comparison video

And i want a Bugatti with black rims, and I also want a red Ferrari, and i also want this and i want that.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Someone on the Verge asked for my battery report might be interesting:

Here you go.

https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

After clicking on the link. Right click the file in Sky Drive to download it (otherwise you can only see the source in IE)
I saw your comment on The Verge.

Nine and a half hours from The Surface when watching movies, crazy!

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I got to say all of this wonderful news is getting me EXCITED for the Surface 2!!!

Thanks for your information!

v0lum3

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Awesome videos dolphinparty, thx a lot for sharing, and taking the time! :)

I was wondering what 3dmark score this beast gets?

dolphinparty

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

SunSpider 1.0.2 ran with 391.4ms.

With 3D mark:
Ice Store: Maxed out!
Ice Store Extreme: 9306
Ice Store Unlimited : 14070
Hope these are the right scores that you are interested in. (if not let me know and I'll find the right numbers)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte