Official "I have the Surface 2" thread

Magnus Rydningen

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re: Official "I have the Surface 2" thread

This is so much more productive than my iPad. Surface 2 is gonna be my next tablet and i think I can turn a few of my friends away from the iPad with it.
Apps is gonna be a problem for some, but I find that I use my iPad for browsing, E-mails and Facebook. I curse it when I'm chatting on Facebook and browsing at the same time as I it can't multitask (Have the iPad 2 with iOS7). I think this is going to be the breakthrough for Microsoft as the now got the hardware to compete against the iPads and High-end androids at a very good price point. If Nokia comes out with a tablet running Snapdragon 800 then Windows RT has two great tablets on the table and if the sales follow up then Apps will start showing up (hopefully Spotify comes quickly, but Xbox Music works well).
BTW great videos man, it is doing us a great service showing us what to expect :)

v0lum3

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Time for some printing.

Isnt "installing a printer" possible from the "metro" setting pane? In devices? I was hopeing they streamlined this process. Its hard to recommend this functionality, if its tugged away on the desktop! :)

dolphinparty

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

Isnt "installing a printer" possible from the "metro" setting pane? In devices? I was hopeing they streamlined this process. Its hard to recommend this functionality, if its tugged away on the desktop! :)

Ooops! Yes its easier that way!

I'm so used to using Windows as I normally would on a desktop I forget there is an easier way!

dolphinparty

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for all the comments!

I've got a flight to catch this evening so no more time for videos.

However I may manage to test the Surface 2s "Airline-Tray-Table-Ability" so might make a video about that. (If I can recreate the TV advert)

Daylife

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site

Stop being jelly. Learn to appreciate, I dont see you posting Surface 2 videos.

If you can't do something, at least, moderately well then don't bother.

You people are so desperate to see the S2 that you'll accept this stuff.

Highdefjunkie

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

If you can't do something, at least, moderately well then don't bother.

You people are so desperate to see the S2 that you'll accept this stuff.
Don't be a ****. If you don't like it keep it to yourself. Your dog looks stupid, but you don't hear people complaining about that.

PtiViperB1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

I'm just overwhelmed with so much greatness!

Coming from an Asus Android tablet can't wait to get my S2 this Tuesday. I have to admit at first I wasn't that excited. I knew it was going to be a good tablet but watching all these videos and reviews I'm speechless.

Any chance someone could share experiences connecting the S2 to a TV? Maybe a video? I would like to see how well it will render/stream movies to a TV.

Also what Micro SD card do you guys recommend?

- Thanks in Advance -

Primehunter

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

Oh really? Did you see anything informative?

Well yes, actually a lot.
I now know I can use my XBox 360 Gamepad to play more than just Halo:Spartan Assault.
Also I didn't know using Wifi printers is acutally that easy or even possible.
Testing the battery performance in real life also says much more than some figures Microsoft writes on a website.
Not to mention the unboxing, performance test with many applications and just seeing the tablet in action.

So please troll away ;)

bsd107

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

dolphinparty,

Does the Surface 2 support InstantGo? I would assume yes, but can find no reference to it.

An easy way to check is to run the Win8.1 built-in app, "Alarms". Set an alarm (not the stopwatch or countdown timer). If the device does NOT support InstantGo, you will immediately be warned about that fact (as I was on my Surface Pro). This is per the help system for the app.

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)