Where are the Surfaces in Canada

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Best Buy, Futureshop and States are all advertising the new S2's on the Web sites, available, today, in store.

Went into a Futureshop, at noon. Nothing! Salesrep didn't even know they were coming (not unusual, for these people, unless it's Apple). And no indication of any display area being set up. Then, I went into Staples. Same thing.

Haven't tried Best Buy, yet. But, seeing as they own Futureshop, I am not too confident.

Then, of course, they will tell me "well, they don't sell well". Gee, do you think it may have something to do with not having any to sell?

/End rant/

cndspec

May 29, 2013
Visit site
we purchased both a Surface 2 and a Pro 2 at London Drugs. They seemed to have plenty of stock. Prefer talking to them as well as there is not the same kind of in-your-face sales techniques that you see at Future Shop. They also have the touch 2 and type 2 covers in stock.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Got my Surface Pro 2 at Futureshop, the sales guy was completely thrown off and confused...he had to pull out his inventory sheet for ME to show him what I wanted...disappointing But not surprised.

luv2skipow

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I was supposed to get my Surface 2 today but then got a "wrong address" showing in the tracking on UPS.

I confirmed the right address on the Microsoft store and with UPS customer service.
I finally got a call saying that all that was on the package was my name and phone number with no address.

I will find out tomorrow is UPS is covering their *** or Microsoft screwed up the shipping label.

Not happy!!!

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
same...had to settle with a touch cover 1, really wanted a type cover 2

Apparently they'll be in stock next week. Bought the Surface Pro 2 for my gf so decided against buying Touch Cover 1 until she tried the Touch Cover 2 I got with my Surface 2. She tried mine and we'll pick up a Touch Cover 2 later in the week hopefully, it is that much better than Touch Cover 1.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Apparently they'll be in stock next week. Bought the Surface Pro 2 for my gf so decided against buying Touch Cover 1 until she tried the Touch Cover 2 I got with my Surface 2. She tried mine and we'll pick up a Touch Cover 2 later in the week hopefully, it is that much better than Touch Cover 1.

cool thanks for the update. Since I did get Type1 I'll be sticking with it for a while. If the Type 2 is much better for lap use (Type is OK but could be more sturdy) then I'll definitely get one later.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
cool thanks for the update. Since I did get Type1 I'll be sticking with it for a while. If the Type 2 is much better for lap use (Type is OK but could be more sturdy) then I'll definitely get one later.

Type Cover 2 is MUCH sturdier. I was actually surprised, they weren't kidding when they said it was more rigid. I also noticed the trackpad supports gestures, which is nice. One of the little annoyances I've found while using it though is that because the trackpad has no physical left/right keys on Type Cover 2 I'm tapping right click when I'm not wanting to (losing track of where my finger is when nt looking at the trackpad). It's a minor sticking point, but I miss the physical left/right click from Type Cover 1.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Type Cover 2 is MUCH sturdier. I was actually surprised, they weren't kidding when they said it was more rigid. I also noticed the trackpad supports gestures, which is nice. One of the little annoyances I've found while using it though is that because the trackpad has no physical left/right keys on Type Cover 2 I'm tapping right click when I'm not wanting to (losing track of where my finger is when nt looking at the trackpad). It's a minor sticking point, but I miss the physical left/right click from Type Cover 1.

Looks like they got them in stock now:
Microsoft Surface Type Cover 2 - English/French - Black : iPad Cases & Bags - Future Shop

I really wish i didn't buy the touch cover 1, i expected a few weeks without stock...not couple days after launch

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Good eye. Ya, way to keep your customers in the know Futureshop.

You've only had it for a couple days though so you should be able to return it right?

its in mint condition, i still have the packaging...you think they'll let me return it and pay the difference for the type cover 2?...guess i wont know unless i just go in and try.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
its in mint condition, i still have the packaging...you think they'll let me return it and pay the difference for the type cover 2?...guess i wont know unless i just go in and try.

Within 7 days you should be able to. I've returned stuff at Futureshop/BB within 7 days and gotten my money back, so I don't think it would be an issue in your case.

Phirewire

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Every Best Buy (2) and every Future Shop (3) in my area had units. Only one store had them actually out on display, the other stores I visited (both Future Shops) had them all out back, and didn't even have anything on display. I asked someone to go out back and they had everything in storage, no even out for sale...pretty sad, if you ask me. Best Buy actually had them all setup at the Microsoft stand, with accessories...so, try there...

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Within 7 days you should be able to. I've returned stuff at Futureshop/BB within 7 days and gotten my money back, so I don't think it would be an issue in your case.

Went to FS today and they let me exchange for Type Cover 2 without issues, excellent! Thanks for the input, i was going to go through the process of selling on Kijiji.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon