Now that Win8.1 supports microSD cards the correct way, is there any benefit from continuing to use a virtual hard drive aka .VHD file on MicroSD?

In other words, I can just create folder directories on my MicroSD card and relocate/move the Surface2 default directories to the microSD and everything will work fine?

Thanks in advance.
    10-22-2013 01:47 PM
    Now that Win8.1 supports microSD cards the correct way, is there any benefit from continuing to use a virtual hard drive aka .VHD file on MicroSD?

In other words, I can just create folder directories on my MicroSD card and relocate/move the Surface2 default directories to the microSD and everything will work fine?

Thanks in advance.
    I'm curious about this also, as well as how it would affect performance.
    10-22-2013 02:03 PM

Thanks in advance.
    Yes you can use the SD for this purpose. What I did though was to not actually move the default location, but created matching folders on the SD then added them to the appropriate libraries, Documents, Music etc... I then set these folders as the default save location. This way I am able to choose on the fly if I wish something on the machine instead of the card.
    nuprotocol and Kevin OQuinn like this.
    10-23-2013 12:34 PM
    Yes you can use the SD for this purpose. What I did though was to not actually move the default location, but created matching folders on the SD then added them to the appropriate libraries, Documents, Music etc... I then set these folders as the default save location. This way I am able to choose on the fly if I wish something on the machine instead of the card.
    a huge thanks to you! I'm going to do the same now.
    10-23-2013 01:20 PM