Exchange or keep?

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
This happened right after I got done with the initial setup. Surface 2 64GB.

It's formatting right now. Would you keep it or exchange it?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382481499740.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382481499740.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 32

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
This happened right after I got done with the initial setup. Surface 2 64GB.

It's formatting right now. Would you keep it or exchange it?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

That happened to my screen too, though it happened when I was in the process of downloading apps. I held the power button down until it powered off, then powered it back up again. We'll see if it's just a one-time glitch or if it happens again. If it happens again, I'm exchanging it. I also noticed that it gets a lot hotter than my Surface RT ever did. Also, on my Surface 2, the two seams on either end of the top edge are not perfectly flush. Another reason I might exchange it.

weaksauce27

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Just got the surface 2 today. What can I say... if you had the first surface rt.. you will tell a huge difference right away. I do not regret selling my surface rt for the new one. Go and do it! This is what the surface rt should have been in the first place. That little random lag here and there on the surface rt is not there anymore on the surface 2.

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
That happened to my screen too, though it happened when I was in the process of downloading apps. I held the power button down until it powered off, then powered it back up again. We'll see if it's just a one-time glitch or if it happens again. If it happens again, I'm exchanging it. I also noticed that it gets a lot hotter than my Surface RT ever did. Also, on my Surface 2, the two seams on either end of the top edge are not perfectly flush. Another reason I might exchange it.

As a follow-up to my earlier post, I just wanted to say that my screen froze with those rectangles four times today so far. Twice while it was downloading apps, once while it was installing firmware updates, and once when it was on the picture password screen. The only way to get rid of it, is to power off by holding the power button down. I attached a picture of my screen. It's similar to the OP's. Have any of you technical folks ever seen this before and know what causes it? It's so weird. Never had this problem with my Surface RT. Looks like I'll be exchanging my Surface 2.

WP_20131022_002.jpg

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
As a follow-up to my earlier post, I just wanted to say that my screen froze with those rectangles four times today so far. Twice while it was downloading apps, once while it was installing firmware updates, and once when it was on the picture password screen. The only way to get rid of it, is to power off by holding the power button down. I attached a picture of my screen. It's similar to the OP's. Have any of you technical folks ever seen this before and know what causes it? It's so weird. Never had this problem with my Surface RT. Looks like I'll be exchanging my Surface 2.

View attachment 47634

I exchanged mine and so far so good.

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I exchanged mine and so far so good.

Glad to hear it, KoukiFC3S. I've tried using mine, but this screen problem has happened several more times, plus I got some other weird errors. The hardware must be defective for the screen to do this. Even updating the firmware didn't fix it. I've reset mine to factory settings and packed it back up, ready to ship back. I had ordered mine online through the Microsoft Store, so I have to call them to initiate the exchange process. Hopefully, I won't have any issues exchanging it. So disappointed. Hopefully the next one won't have any issues. At least I still have my trusty Surface RT, which has worked perfectly from day one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans