Samsung's latest for less:Get a Galaxy S10e for $10 a month
    This happened right after I got done with the initial setup. Surface 2 64GB.

It's formatting right now. Would you keep it or exchange it?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1382481499740.jpg  
    10-22-2013 05:39 PM
    why would you keep? do you want a broken product? Pretty easy choice
    10-22-2013 05:42 PM
    why would you keep? do you want a broken product? Pretty easy choice
    Thinking it might be a software problem. I hope they don't run out of 64GB.
    10-22-2013 05:42 PM
    This happened right after I got done with the initial setup. Surface 2 64GB.

It's formatting right now. Would you keep it or exchange it?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    That happened to my screen too, though it happened when I was in the process of downloading apps. I held the power button down until it powered off, then powered it back up again. We'll see if it's just a one-time glitch or if it happens again. If it happens again, I'm exchanging it. I also noticed that it gets a lot hotter than my Surface RT ever did. Also, on my Surface 2, the two seams on either end of the top edge are not perfectly flush. Another reason I might exchange it.
    10-22-2013 06:07 PM
    Just got the surface 2 today. What can I say... if you had the first surface rt.. you will tell a huge difference right away. I do not regret selling my surface rt for the new one. Go and do it! This is what the surface rt should have been in the first place. That little random lag here and there on the surface rt is not there anymore on the surface 2.
    10-22-2013 08:24 PM
    Def exchange that.
    10-22-2013 08:54 PM
    That happened to my screen too, though it happened when I was in the process of downloading apps. I held the power button down until it powered off, then powered it back up again. We'll see if it's just a one-time glitch or if it happens again. If it happens again, I'm exchanging it. I also noticed that it gets a lot hotter than my Surface RT ever did. Also, on my Surface 2, the two seams on either end of the top edge are not perfectly flush. Another reason I might exchange it.
    As a follow-up to my earlier post, I just wanted to say that my screen froze with those rectangles four times today so far. Twice while it was downloading apps, once while it was installing firmware updates, and once when it was on the picture password screen. The only way to get rid of it, is to power off by holding the power button down. I attached a picture of my screen. It's similar to the OP's. Have any of you technical folks ever seen this before and know what causes it? It's so weird. Never had this problem with my Surface RT. Looks like I'll be exchanging my Surface 2.

wp_20131022_002.jpg
    10-22-2013 10:52 PM
    As a follow-up to my earlier post, I just wanted to say that my screen froze with those rectangles four times today so far. Twice while it was downloading apps, once while it was installing firmware updates, and once when it was on the picture password screen. The only way to get rid of it, is to power off by holding the power button down. I attached a picture of my screen. It's similar to the OP's. Have any of you technical folks ever seen this before and know what causes it? It's so weird. Never had this problem with my Surface RT. Looks like I'll be exchanging my Surface 2.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20131022_002.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	651.3 KB 
ID:	47634
    I exchanged mine and so far so good.
    10-22-2013 11:13 PM
    I was on my fourth after mainly backlight bleeding.
    They are good about returns. Exchange it!
    10-22-2013 11:21 PM
    I exchanged mine and so far so good.
    Glad to hear it, KoukiFC3S. I've tried using mine, but this screen problem has happened several more times, plus I got some other weird errors. The hardware must be defective for the screen to do this. Even updating the firmware didn't fix it. I've reset mine to factory settings and packed it back up, ready to ship back. I had ordered mine online through the Microsoft Store, so I have to call them to initiate the exchange process. Hopefully, I won't have any issues exchanging it. So disappointed. Hopefully the next one won't have any issues. At least I still have my trusty Surface RT, which has worked perfectly from day one.
    10-23-2013 03:36 AM