Surface 2 is already dead :(

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
This happens to my RT all the time when it was on 8.1 preview, has yet to happen on 8.1..........either way, sometimes it helps if you plug it in while performing the reset. plug it in, hold that power button down for 30s min, then press power again, if that doesn't work try it again, unplug it, try again, it will turn back on.........seems to be a bug in the OS/hardware.

nuprotocol

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
It may not be dead. My RT does this every now and then including receiving haptic feedback from the windows button - have to hold the power button down for about 30 seconds - seems to reset itself and turns back on after a normal power on button press.

Thank you! I was scared at first because 10sec hold was not working. After holding for 30sec then release, then power back on. It worked. The SurfaceRT has this issue. They pushed an update to resolve it. It's odd it returned after 8.1

txkimmers

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Maybe someone could change the name of this thread? I keep being drawn to it and then I realize the situation is not as dire as it appears....

Smg-Uk

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Well mines going back to Argos but I have to wait until Monday when they will get new stock in. Hopefully they will give me a brand new one that will actually be useable.

Smg-Uk

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
WP_20131026_001.jpg

Well I was just restoring my S2 to factory settings to return to store to get a replacement and now its got a whole new problem... I looked up the error and it seems to be hardware related which could explain the previous problems I was having with it.

josey shearer

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Omg you just saved my sons tablet was so scared of telling hubby my surface was already broke after one week but holding it for 10 secs worked thanks so much!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium