Anyone else with horrible backlight bleeding?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Words like "horrible" in describing a tech problem always make me smile. Horrible is a botched surgery, being mangled in a car wreck, cell speeds on Sprint. Bleeding is just bad seal and is fixable/replaceable. Anyway, hit up a Microsoft store. They will resolve it for you.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
My Surface 2 runs great and I love it, but the backlight bleeding coming from the left and right side of the screen is bad (and horrible were the USB port and power port are). Anyone else have this issue?

luv2skipow

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I had this on my first RT and returned it and got another that was just as bad.
Third time was the charm.
For this price I will keep returning them until I get one I think is up to the quality I paid for.
My new Surface 2 is going back for a rattling volume rocker. Watch me get a backlight bleeder in return.
I am almost done with Surface if this keeps happening,

luv2skipow

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
That is freaking hideous and wayyyy worse than what I ever had.
Send it back!
myservice.surface.com
Kicker for me was going into Best Buy and seeing a perfect one on display. I knew it was possible to get one eventually.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
to be honest the picture makes the corners look worse than it is, but at the same time, the two spots where the ports are actual are worse in person when watching a dark movie. Sometimes those two lights pulse, and even if those lights are coming in dim at the time, the pulsing draws your eyes to it every time. All is well though, I contacted Microsoft, and they have a new one reserved for me at a Microsoft store 40 minutes away. Im just hoping they will open the new one in the store and start it up so I can see it before leaving. No on else has anything else similar to this?

cygnus11

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
My two Surface 2's both have almost perfect screens, as did my original Surface RT. Whenever I buy new devices, I always fear getting units with screens that have imperfections that I just can't live with. Buying new devices for me is always a very stressful experience. I really need therapy.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
So you all agree that this should be returned? I always have a guilty feeling when I return things like this, thinking that the people at the store are thinking I'm some anal retentive *******.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
So you all agree that this should be returned? I always have a guilty feeling when I return things like this, thinking that the people at the store are thinking I'm some anal retentive *******.

You think that's hard, try returning it to the store you work for! Especially when you are in the department that is suppose to prevent unnecessary returns!

But yeah, I agree it should be returned.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism