Surface Noob needs help

SteelSteve

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I'm now stranger to Windows 8 as I'm running it on my home computers, but I can't seem to figure out how to close apps that are running on the Surface. With the computer all I had to do is move the mouse pointer to the left, right click and close but I can't do that with the surface. How do I close apps?

rajkumr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just click and hold on the top and drag them to the bottom of the screen fully until they disappear.
That's it! The apps are toast! 😉

Christian Kallevig

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, it's an edge-swipe gesture. So you start out with your finger on the top bezel and pull all the way down to the bottom to close an app. Also you can close apps from the switcher (accessed by swiping in from the left [again, starting from the bezel] and immediately pulling back towards the left edge) by grabbing one of the app thumbnails and pulling it towards the middle of the bottom edge of the screen.

If any of this is unclear or there's more you'd like to find out, I recommend you check out the Help+Tips app that's included. It shows you in detail how to navigate the OS with touch

SteelSteve

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks all. Its charging now to bring it up to a full charge. Once done I'll give this a try. Now for another stupid question, does the light on the charger go out when its fully charged or do you just have to check the battery level?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium