Microsoft Surface 2 Review Best Tablet Ever!

Daylife

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
That, my friend, was an amazing review of an incredible tablet. Can't wait to get my Surface Pro 2.

Thanks for the kind words, I had some issues with the video clip of me playing Hydro Thunder with a controller, the audio didn't render at all 0_o

The Black Mamba

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I am was already convinced that I will get a Surface 2 but I like the idea of playing Halo with a controller. I have a hard time deciding between the surface 2 and the Lumia 2520. I am getting one either way if not both. Thanks for a great review.

Daylife

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I am was already convinced that I will get a Surface 2 but I like the idea of playing Halo with a controller. I have a hard time deciding between the surface 2 and the Lumia 2520. I am getting one either way if not both. Thanks for a great review.

I really like the 2520, but the Surface 2 hardware and kickstand and HDMI port on it is what I love, plus the sleek keyboard cover. I didn't really dig the keyboard that I saw for the 2520. Plus the 200 GB SkyDrive :)

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I agree with everything you said. Why do people complain about a baby OS (RT)? They need to be patient and watch it grow. Also, people complain that it doesn't run full Windows 8.1. Well, they're not complaining about iPads or Androids not running Mac OSX or Linux, respectively! Only Windows 8.1.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Good job. Not just because I am a fan of the surface. I love when fan as well as people who do not know facts or see a factual positive review.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Just uploaded this video, hope you guys enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vLkjKxVObA

How do you have the Facebook live tile working? I'm running 8.1 on my OG Surface RT and it shows the tile count for my notifications but doesn't update with feed updates despite permission to run in background is enabled. Again, great review! I love seeing reviews from a users POV as opposed to biased tech corporations (gdgt, Engadget, The Verge, etc.).

Daylife

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
How do you have the Facebook live tile working? I'm running 8.1 on my OG Surface RT and it shows the tile count for my notifications but doesn't update with feed updates despite permission to run in background is enabled. Again, great review! I love seeing reviews from a users POV as opposed to biased tech corporations (gdgt, Engadget, The Verge, etc.).

Hmm have you tried uninstalling the app and installing it again? if that doesnt work, shutdown the surface and boot it up again.

Im glad you enjoyed the video :D

Daylife

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
What sold me most is the USB port, wish lumias came standard with one.

I know this is random but yeah...
Very nice lock screen wallpaper, please upload it or give me a name so I can Google it.

I put the link to the wallpaper in the description of the video :)

And here is the link to my lockscreen. Its a Guild Wars 2 concept art.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/media/wallpapers/

Thanks for the awesome comment!

katakulli

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Very nice and long review. Makes me want to buy a Surface 2. It looks and performs very good.
I hope you will do a decent FFC image-test, especially with Skype and low-light (like MS did in the keynote) and compare the results with other devices.

Ushae

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I second this review. It's a fantastic tablet. Hardware is second to none. My only gripe is the learning curve, and the number of apps available.

Bring on the apps !

immyperez

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I really like the 2520, but the Surface 2 hardware and kickstand and HDMI port on it is what I love, plus the sleek keyboard cover. I didn't really dig the keyboard that I saw for the 2520. Plus the 200 GB SkyDrive :)

I never knew that 200gb of SkyDrive was available with the surface!!! I thought my decision would be easy and the Nokia was a sure thing...but since it's not available in the yellow that my phone and headphones come in, I've bit a bit more on the fence!

g808

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Also free unlimited world wide calling on Skype and free Skype WiFi for a year.

I never knew that 200gb of SkyDrive was available with the surface!!! I thought my decision would be easy and the Nokia was a sure thing...but since it's not available in the yellow that my phone and headphones come in, I've bit a bit more on the fence!

KnightOfAnfala

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Bookmarking. Will watch the video later once I get home from work. I've been wanting to a Surface since the original ones were announced but I've always been keen on the Pro version. The RT has been getting good reviews though...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss