Projection to a tv

michelk

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a surface 2.
Yesterday i noticed that some files can be transfered from windows explorer to the smart tv.
1) I was wandering if anyone can explain to me why only certain files can be send to the tv ?
2) Why does this function doesn't seem to work when i'm looking at pictures from the standard app in windows CT ?
3) Does anyone have experience with the project function in windows 8.1. ? Could someone explain how it works ? (

Thanks

powersquad

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Wired - buy a micro HDMI to HDMI cable
Wireless - WiDi/Miracast. Samsung 2013 models atleast and Toshiba I think as well (Smart TV's only) support wireless display so you can project from Surface 2 to TV wirelessly. You can also buy a miracast device like Actiontec Sunbeam Pro or Netgear PTV3000 to project your Surface 2 wirelessly to your TV if it does not support miracast natively.

michelk

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info.
Do you know if you need to instal software for the Netgear PTV3000 on the surface 2 ?
My guess that it is not needed.

Patric.Z

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
No, you don't need to install anything. Just click project and you can add a new wireless display to your surface. See my post earlier on Miracast on Surafce 2. Overall, it works quite well, but it seems the latest firmare from Netgear is a little buggy and the sound would cut out at the begining of a video and playing music is not as smooth as before.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05