A few quick surface 2 questions

Winphoner

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys , just got my new surface 2, and I'm loving it! I do have a couple of quick questions for the veterans:

- when switching to the secondary keyboard, is it possible to have the numbers and symbols in the format of how WP8, or the iPad does it, where the qwerty layout stays, but instead of letters, we have numbers and symbols? Currently it switches to a split symbols on the left and a numeric keypad on the right styles, which is very alien to me and I'm having difficulty using it.

- related to the above, once you enter a symbol and a space, is it possible to jump back to the qwerty layout? Now you always have to hit the &123 keys again.

- is it possible to know the battery percentage without going to the desktop and clicking on the battery icon on the notification tray?

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
keyboard as far as I know, is how it is and honestly it is better and won't take long to get used to, you can also swipe letters to get other characters.

also no because this is one of the main annoyances from the iPad where it would switch back before you had done. you don't usually need to switch to the characters though to get what you want. for example if you want an @ you do a downwards diagonal swipe to the right from the ? key and to get a ! you do upwards swipe from the ? key

I don't think you can get the battery percentage but I am VERY surprised no one has made an app with a live tile

Winphoner

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks a lot for your reply. I was sorta thinking the same thing, but just wanted to confirm. I've actually gotten pretty good at swiping up from the qwerty row to get the numbers, but not yet remembering the various things that are part of the "?" key or the other ones, since not any visual cue as with the grayed out nums.

Loving it so far to be honest!

codbod

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know if the surface 2 really does have flash on the back camera? Came across an article that said it did but can't seem to find it in settings.

Thank you!

jason8957

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
As far as the battery, if you swipe in from the right to show the charms menu, it also shows clock and battery on the left. That's how I quickly check time and battery. I don't think that it gives you a percentage, but a little fill meter.

I honestly don't worry about the battery on my Surface 2 because it lasts so long.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12