So, I think I won a Surface2 w/ Music kit

Warren Wortham

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi Brother. I also received the same exact message in my Twitter inbox and followed the same exact procedure and I too was wondering if it was real. I entered via sending a Tweet detailing very briefly what I would do if I won which was stating that I would teach music production to the urban inner-city youth I work with. I wanted to show my my the winning message from the website so I clicked on the link again to be routed back to where it asks for the shipping information and received a message saying I was not eligible to win a prize. I panicked and could not figure out how to find out if I messed myself up until I saw a tweet from another winner who did the same exact thing. ePrize informed him that the system is set-up so the link can only be used once, but that as long as the shipping information was entered the first time it will not mess up his award at all. Phew.
Well like you, I can not hardly wait to get my hands on the prize either.
Congratulations.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi Brother. I also received the same exact message in my Twitter inbox and followed the same exact procedure and I too was wondering if it was real. I entered via sending a Tweet detailing very briefly what I would do if I won which was stating that I would teach music production to the urban inner-city youth I work with. I wanted to show my my the winning message from the website so I clicked on the link again to be routed back to where it asks for the shipping information and received a message saying I was not eligible to win a prize. I panicked and could not figure out how to find out if I messed myself up until I saw a tweet from another winner who did the same exact thing. ePrize informed him that the system is set-up so the link can only be used once, but that as long as the shipping information was entered the first time it will not mess up his award at all. Phew.
Well like you, I can not hardly wait to get my hands on the prize either.
Congratulations.

Hey congrats to you too man! Yeah, I wish they'd communicate with us a little more. I got the same message as you when I tried to use the link again. I think we're good. Just tried tweeting them (@Surface) again myself...

JuryDuty

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Heads-up! I just got a shipment confirmation! Check your email. Says it'll be here on Monday:

Shipment Confirmation
Your prize is on its way!

Your prize you have won in the Microsoft Surface Remix Projec was shipped on 11/13/2013 via UPS
Use this UPS Tracking number to check the status of your shipment:

[tracking number]

Prize shipped: Surface Tablet w/ Blade Add-on

Warren Wortham

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I got my shipping notice from ePrize this morning also.

Shipment Confirmation

Your prize you have won in the Microsoft Surface Remix Projec was shipped on 11/13/2013 via UPS
I also signed up with UPS new service that notifies you when a shipment is headed to your address just yesterday in anticipation of some headphones coming that I ordered from overseas and lo and behold, I received a UPS email this morning saying that EPI Fulfillment had shipped an item to me that will arrive Friday November 15 between 10:15am-2:15pm.
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.

Last edited:

JuryDuty

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

Shipment Confirmation

I also signed up with UPS new service that notifies you when a shipment is headed to your address just yesterday in anticipation of some headphones coming that I ordered from overseas and lo and behold, I received a UPS email this morning saying that EPI Fulfillment had shipped an item to me that will arrive Friday November 15 between 10:15am-2:15pm.
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.

Wow--yours is getting there FAST! I have UPS' service, too. Still waiting for my email from them. Would be very cool if it got here before Monday. :p

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Heads-up! I just got a shipment confirmation! Check your email. Says it'll be here on Monday:

Shipment Confirmation

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.

I still have not received my shipping confirmation... :(

matthoms

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I got the email today. I'll get my Surface 2 and music kit next week. My dad also works at TigerDirect, so I'm getting the Type Cover 2 for $60! Can you say "winning!"?

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
what was your prize/contest?

I won Kinect Spots (sans the Kinect I don't have....) from the Microsoft Store app wheel spin contest. It said 3 to 6 weeks IIRC. Took longer than that.

My girlfriend won 3 months XBL Gold from the same contest and that took about the same time to arrive.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm starting to get kinda depressed as I still haven't received my shipping/tracking info. Several people already have reported that their prize has shipped... Grrr I hate waiting. Been refreshing my inbox constantly.
*sigh* I know I know... Patience is a virtue... I guess it'll be here when it gets here.

So in the meantime, I went up to best buy last night to check out and play with the Surface2. I wanted to get a feel for what I have coming and get my expectations in check. Up until I won a Surface, I hadn't really paid that much attention to the device as I wouldn't normally be able to afford one. While I was there messing around with it, I realized what an amazing price of hardware the Surface2 really is! I can't wait to get mine!!
I was also thinking about the music Kit blade thing... Its too bad the Surface doesn't have an "audio line in" or audio input somewhere on it. Kinda limits what you can "Mix and/or Remix" on the device.. Still though, NOT complaining! ;)

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
I was also thinking about the music Kit blade thing... Its too bad the Surface doesn't have an "audio line in" or audio input somewhere on it. Kinda limits what you can "Mix and/or Remix" on the device.. Still though, NOT complaining! ;)

The headset jack has a microphone input in there. With the right adapter you could probably connect any mic (that doesn't need external power, at least) to it.

h kold

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I too won the surface 2 in the remix project. im on on my surface rt now. My email has mine arriving tomorrow and my 1520 on Thursday or friday

revaaron

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I got one too. Still waiting for the email. I'm pretty excited after playing with one at the store.
I'm just worried that gmail spam-blocked the eprize email.
What was the address that the email came from?

Also, these machines have USB ports... so why would you use the universal mic/headphones options when you can just plug in a USB sound device?
I know it's not "RT", but I used to do my radio show from my laptop out analog and then back into a A/D on a digital console, but now I use this
Amazon.com: Fanmusic FM6011 USB To Coxial Converter USB 2.0 Mini Digital Sound Card: Computers & Accessories
and it's night and day sound quality wise. Why not get something like this
DIAMOND XS71U Sound Card - Newegg.com

might work better as a line-in.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Because that'd depend on Windows RT having drivers for USB audio devices, which I'm not entirely sure it does (I no longer have a Surface RT to know for sure).

I didn't want to suggest otherwise if it wouldn't work.

mstrblueskys

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I won this too! I am actually typing on it right now! It came in this weekend and I haven't had any time to play with it. It seems like a pretty nice device. I even like the touch cover. It's amazingly responsive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05