So, I think I won a Surface2 w/ Music kit

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I'm like 99.999% sure I won a Microsoft Surface2 and the Music kit with the #RemixProject Vine "Remix your life" contest they had a while back.
I got a message on twitter from @Surface that I was a "potential winner" I clicked the link and it took me to a page that said "You've won a prize" and had me enter my shipping info. Did that, then it said my prize would be shipped in 8-10 weeks.

Ok? Kinda vague.. So I took a look at the official contest rules and did not see any other prizes (2nd, 3rd place, runner up etc) only the 500 Grand prize Surface2 and music kits.

So I emailed the company promoting the contest for Microsoft (ePrize - there was a link on the page telling me I won a prize) and got the following reply:

Hi Ed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Our records do indicate you are a confirmed winner in the Surface Remix Project Twitter Contest. Currently no further action is required of you at this time. In addition, per the official rules, prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks following the conclusion of the promotion, which is on December 23, 2013. Thank you for your patience and have a wonderful weekend!

Best,
Brittany
ePrize Customer Service

So, if I'm reading this right, I'm pretty sure that I did in fact win one of the 500 Grand prizes - a Microsoft Surface2 with Music Kit! :D

But part of me still can't believe it.. One, I never win anything. And two, nobody has said specifically "you have won a Surface2" only, "you have won a prize"..

So what do you guys think? Did I really win a Surface2 or am I just dreaming? I can't seem to get anyone @Surface to answer me or confirm.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
congratulations!! When you get the prize, can you let us know what was shipped with it and take some pics? I'm really looking forward to that music kit...im hoping its released before Xmas!!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
congratulations!! When you get the prize, can you let us know what was shipped with it and take some pics? I'm really looking forward to that music kit...im hoping its released before Xmas!!
Oh definitely! I'll make an unboxing video with my 1020.. I've got a tripod ;)

matthoms

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I won a Surface 2 Music kit as well from their Twitter account. Went through the same process. I'm in the same boat with being confused. I tweeted the @surface account and they did reply saying I won as long as I filled out the info. I'm still trying to find out what to sell the music kit for. I was thinking $140, but I'm not sure. Ideas?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I won a Surface 2 Music kit as well from their Twitter account. Went through the same process. I'm in the same boat with being confused. I tweeted the @surface account and they did reply saying I won as long as I filled out the info. I'm still trying to find out what to sell the music kit for. I was thinking $140, but I'm not sure. Ideas?

Yeah, it's kinda vague isn't it.. I just want someone to answer me and say the words "yes, you've won a Surface2 w/Music Kit". At this point, if they tell me otherwise, I am going to be highly upset... and the kicker is we've got to wait 8-10 weeks for delivery. If they would just tell me the magic words, it would make the next 8-10 weeks a lot more enjoyable.

I'm sure you've read the rules and fine print as I have, where they said they don't have a price/value on the music kit yet as it hasn't been released, but seeing that the touch and type covers go for about $125ish, I'd assume the music cover (who knows what else comes in the "Kit") would be close to the same. Maybe a little more; $140-150 like you said.

All I know is I can't wait to get my hands on this bad boy! I've always wanted a Surface, ever since they first came out. I read everything about the first Gen Surface R/T and Surface Pro for months before they were released, and dreamed about owning one, but could never afford it. What I really wanted, was a Pro version Surface that could run legacy applications, but I won't be picky here! ;) The new Surface2 with Music Kit and me being a musician makes this package twice as awesome for me! Plus, Win8.1 "R/T" has come a long way.

Oh and congrats btw!! :) I guess you and I are two of the lucky 500?

matthoms

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it's kinda vague isn't it.. I just want someone to answer me and say the words "yes, you've won a Surface2 w/Music Kit". At this point, if they tell me otherwise, I am going to be highly upset... and the kicker is we've got to wait 8-10 weeks for delivery. If they would just tell me the magic words, it would make the next 8-10 weeks a lot more enjoyable.

I'm sure you've read the rules and fine print as I have, where they said they don't have a price/value on the music kit yet as it hasn't been released, but seeing that the touch and type covers go for about $125ish, I'd assume the music cover (who knows what else comes in the "Kit") would be close to the same. Maybe a little more; $140-150 like you said.

All I know is I can't wait to get my hands on this bad boy! I've always wanted a Surface, ever since they first came out. I read everything about the first Gen Surface R/T and Surface Pro for months before they were released, and dreamed about owning one, but could never afford it. What I really wanted, was a Pro version Surface that could run legacy applications, but I won't be picky here! ;) The new Surface2 with Music Kit and me being a musician makes this package twice as awesome for me! Plus, Win8.1 "R/T" has come a long way.

Oh and congrats btw!! :) I guess you and I are two of the lucky 500?

Congrats to you too! Yeah, everything was very open ended. But since I tweeted the official @surface twitter and they responded saying I won as long as I filled out the info, I'm pretty certain we both won. Guess we will find out come the end of December or mid January! I'm pretty excited. I think the music kit will be $140-150 because you need the cover to do most of the editing in the app. I think that'll raise the price a bit. Plus it'll be brand new to the Surface family as well as all tablet markets. I don't really have a use for the music kit other than messing around with music if I got bored. I'd much rather sell that cover to get the new type cover though. I'm also selling my Surface RT to a friend for $250. So I plan on using that to buy a new type cover. I haven't decided what I'll do with the music cover just yet. Any thoughts on whether I should keep or sell? I'm at about a 3-4 on a scale of 1-10 in music editing.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
So real people actually win those things. I rarely get in those things because I always think they are just to collect email addresses so they could pepper spray you with spam. Well congrats to you. That's seriously awesome news. With a music kit, no less. Sweet.

JuryDuty

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey--just found this thread. I was one of the 500 winners, too, went through the same process. Can't believe it's going to take 8-10 weeks though. I tweeted @Surface to see if I could get an actual shipping date, but haven't heard back. Be sure to post if you hear anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb