So, I think I won a Surface2 w/ Music kit

matthoms

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine is great!! So smooth and fast. Only problem is the speakers are quieter than my old Surface. Apparently the only fix to this is to exchange it.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure how much to sell the cover for though. I was thinking $130-150. But I have no idea.

I think you could get $130-150...does it come with pre-loaded software or a usb of some sort? Without that you might not get much cause im guessing it'd be useless without it?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I think you could get $130-150...does it come with pre-loaded software or a usb of some sort? Without that you might not get much cause im guessing it'd be useless without it?
It downloads and installs the app from the store automatically when you click in the Music Blade keyboard.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
They just opened a new Microsoft Store here in town (Jacksonville, FL.), so I stopped in to check it out and play with the new Surfaces. They had one of the Remix Music Blades there; played with it briefly, (there was a crowd) but also got to have a good sit down with a Surface2 to see what it could do. Wow! Thing's pretty fast! This is really an impressive device.. even the RT version! I'll be quite happy once mine arrives.

I was also wanting to feel just how thick the Surface2 was with a Type Cover 2 on it... Without all the cables and security devices holding down to the table like they have at Staples and Best Buy. No, the Microsoft salespeople were more than happy to allow me to hold the tablet freely and sit down with it to play.

So, by my visit, I got a good preview of what to expect when my Surface2 w/Music kit arrives as I hadn't really yet played with the Surface tablets all that much. And I am also like 99.99998789% sure, that I have no idea which color Type Cover2 I want... I like them ALL!!!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh and I also like the Touch Covers! I think I'll have to get the Touch cover just for the coolness (and thinness) factor, and the TYpe Cover for when I want typing performance.

That way I'll have 3 different "Blades" in my bag (btw, I need a bag.. or like a small briefcase type case/bag for my Surface2 and it's accessories), the Music Remix Blade, the Type Cover 2, and the Touch Cover 2.

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Yup, you got it. Mark a calendar for your 10 weeks though. I won a 55" TV from MS through eprize 2 years ago for installing Joomla using WebMatrix. ePrize forgot to order it:/ I had to follow up after week 10, then got it in under a week.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I've been emailing ePrize every week now, asking if they have any updates on the "full list" of winners. It's been a few weeks already.. wish it would hurry the hell up!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
ePrize just emailed me back and said it would only be 1-2 more weeks and my prize was being processed at their shipment facility.... Hoorah!!!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
w00t! Just received my UPS shipping/tracking confirmation email! My Surface 2 w/Music Kit will be here Monday! Now I'm excited again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers