1. KFBradley's Avatar
    I've been using my Surface 2 with a Microsoft Arc Mouse Surface Edition. Sometimes it works great, other times it will just suddenly stops working and I can only get it going again with a reboot. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to is stopping. Sometimes it will work for hours, other times it stops within minutes.

    When the mouse stops working, Going to Settings> PC & Devices> Bluetooth often causes the Settings "app" to crash, although on the occasions that it doesn't, it still lists the mouse as connected.

    This leads me to believe that this is an issue with the Bluetooth LE stack.

    I have no updates available.

    Is anybody else experiencing similar issues?
    Attached Thumbnails screenshot-2-.jpg   screenshot-3-.png  
    11-10-2013 03:29 PM
  2. thesmithiz's Avatar
    Try this Fix Windows 8.1 bluetooth not working issues | Microsoft Surface tablet

    I had the same problem you describe up until 2 days ago so I am assuming so far this worked, I didn't touch the drivers as I had already done that 3 times.
    11-11-2013 10:26 AM
  3. KFBradley's Avatar
    I just tried this method and the mouse still stopped working. I'm noticing that even after turning the mouse off (by flattening it) it is still listed as "connected" in the settings. It also seems that it usually, but not always, stops functioning after left clicking with the mouse. Starting to get frustrated.
    11-11-2013 03:05 PM
  4. KFBradley's Avatar
    Also, this:
    Attached Thumbnails screenshot-5-.jpg  
    11-11-2013 03:10 PM
  5. thesmithiz's Avatar
    Okay here is how my adventure went. I tried the solution in the link in my previous post and it didn't work either so I went back and tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device drivers three times and at least once for everything under Bluetooth. Still had the problems so I tried MS support and went round and round that its this or that etc. Finally in order to be able to qualify for the ability to exchange I was going to have to restore the Surface and if that didn't work call back etc. and my case would be noted and get the device swapped. When I was getting ready to restore I realized and remembered that when I first set the device up I started with a local account with my name and not my MS ID that I already had with Hotmail, Skype, etc. etc. So I figured okay maybe when I restore I will just use my MS ID and see what happens.... well it still didn't work. What I did think though was perhaps with the fix in the link I put in my earlier post it would be much easier to figure out the account name as now I only have one.... so I did that fix and just to new sure it stuck I restarted the Surface and it has been working since Saturday AM. I have had the mouse off and on, the device restarted a few times from at least one update and the keyboard on and off many times.....I have been doing this mostly to see if the mouse would stop working and so far the only time it happened was when the device had actually lagged because it was doing an update and I didn't realize it. Not sure if any of this will help your problem but my fix seemed to be getting the account name correct and clearing the passwords. Good luck.
    11-11-2013 03:25 PM
  6. KFBradley's Avatar
    Feeling hopeful that todays update fixes this issue.

    11-12-2013 03:42 PM
  7. thesmithiz's Avatar
    The update made my problem worse, its now back to losing connectivity in 10 mins or less and now even restarting doesn't always get it back.
    11-18-2013 07:13 AM
  8. Nebulaeus's Avatar
    I am having this same issue. I was hoping the January patch Tuesday would fix it, but it didn't. I have tweeted @Surface several times about this issue and it is still not fixed. I am really starting to get frustrated :-(
    01-20-2014 05:48 PM
  9. Adam Bolt's Avatar
    I am having this same issue using a Lenovo X1 Carbon. Had the Helix previously and never saw this issue. Any fixes out there for this yet or workarounds?
    07-09-2014 11:16 AM
  10. bluesim's Avatar
    A temporary work-around I discovered is to wake up the bluetooth receiver, which I assume goes into some kind of hibernation if the mouse is not used for a while. There is no explicit way to "turn bluetooth off/on", but the following seemed to work for me::

    Right click the bluetooth icon in the task-bar (using the track-pad mouse!), click Open settings, then Restore defaults. This seems to wake up the bluetooth receiver and make the mouse start working again. In my case I have a Logitech M557 wireless mouse.
    09-25-2015 11:21 AM

Similar Threads

  1. no student discount on surface pro 2
    By cgmonkey in forum Microsoft Surface Pro 2
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-15-2013, 01:14 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-12-2013, 01:45 PM
  3. Surface Pro 2 - High Res images problem.
    By cezarewhite in forum Microsoft Surface Pro 2
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-11-2013, 10:59 AM
  4. Headset issues
    By Jen Sanko in forum Nokia Lumia 822
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-11-2013, 04:56 AM