What's the back of your Surface 2 look like?

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Weird. I guess they might use some different material than on original Surface RT? I've had my Surface RT since it originally became available. It travels a lot with me and at home it's also functioning as "just a tablet" and it's still totally pristine outside fingerprints. That said.. I guess I often set it down on the kickstand when not in use and if not with kickstand, I often have the touchcover folder back between the table and the Surface.. but still, over a year of like everyday use and still totally pristine.

The same in my case too. And, now the new (for me) Surface 2 is yet unblemished. That said, I have seen some quite terrible pics of Surface RT units whose dark coating was peeling off. So, I am not sure what's the issue - why some units are OK while others are not assuming the same of similar handling conditions.

Saurabh3321

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
So, I am not sure what's the issue - why some units are OK while others are not assuming the same of similar handling conditions.
I'm not sure but i believe they use different oem manufacturers in different regions.
For example my surface internal storage is made by samsung (as per device manager)
Some other users said their surface has a hynix emmc module.
So could be a quality issue for particular region.
My surface was purchased in London, although i'm using it here in India.

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure but i believe they use different oem manufacturers in different regions.
For example my surface internal storage is made by samsung (as per device manager)
Some other users said their surface has a hynix emmc module.
So could be a quality issue for particular region.
My surface was purchased in London, although i'm using it here in India.

Yeah...I'm located in the UK which is where I bought both my Surface devices. The point about the different manufacturers is a good one - though it does not bode well for MS's quality control, if true.

wpjuanra

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I just saw these on the back of my Surface 2 today after one month of use. :eck:

11aiuld.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes