Kickstand on the Surface 2?

rkeenan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
How much better is the kickstand on the Surface 2 RT as opposed to the Surface RT? I am primarily interested in the improvement of using the RT on my laptop in traditional laptop format for writing code or replying to emails on the couch while watching TV. Does the Surface 2 really provide that much better of angle? I am stuck between both models. I understand the Surface 2 has a Tegra 4, but I do not care about gaming on a tablet. I have a Galaxy Note 8.0 that has a ton of games that I bought when they were on sale. I am thinking the OG Surface is for me, but the only thing holding me back on this decision is the angle at which it rests on one's lap.

BCH

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I had a Surface RT but sold it and upgraded to Surface 2. The two-stage kickstand is a big deal to me. I use the slacker angle when standing at my kitchen counter (which was really a poor experience with the RT) and when typing at a desk. I use the original angle when lying in bed.

rkeenan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah that is what I thought. I am just trying to decide if it is worth the $250 price difference

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Kevin OQuinn

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
The second angle is a pretty big deal for me, and is the angle I primarily use. There are other important differences, but to answer your question, the second angle immensely improves usability for me.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk 4

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
The second angle is a pretty big deal for me, and is the angle I primarily use. There are other important differences, but to answer your question, the second angle immensely improves usability for me.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk 4

Same with me. The second - lower - angle is a massive improvement at least in so far as my work (which primarily involves keyboard work) is concerned. Indeed, I would say that it gives a lot of flexibility to the device and the conditions in which you may want to work and watch films etc.

Gergolos

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Sadly I can not say anything about the RT kickstand, because I only have the Surface 2. But: during the last days since I have my Surface 2 I use 90% of the time the second, "new" kickstand position. So I would say it is quite good (at least for me) to have this second position.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Yeah that is what I thought. I am just trying to decide if it is worth the $250 price difference

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Its not worth $250 upgrade. Yet, there are other improvements that - combined with the kickstand - is worth it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion