Should i buy the Surface 2 ?

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
What are your needs? How do u plan to use a tablet? As far as performance is concerned Surface 2 can handle itself very well, I am very interested in the 2520 though. You should check that out too

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
What?! The surface 2 or shoot our lives are not promised tomorrow... Live today.

What do you want to do with it? I love my surface rt and picked it up launch day last year. I sold it yesterday so I could finally use my surface 2 which has been in the box since I bought it a few weeks ago on launch day... :)

The rt (first gen) held up very well, especially after the last few updates. I questioned a few times why I have a surface 2 in the box. Well, the surface 2 is even more future proof. Faster, awesome screen, better camera for skyping, etc.

The Nokia tablet looks so good, but the surface 2 is so much more of a computer and tablet which is why it is a better fit for me. The surface2 is very refined and flexible. I mostly travel with it with work then fun in mind. I just bought a nexus 7 2 days ago for a small consumption tablet. It is cool, but android is a little messy and google is trying unapologetically hard to force me to plus and other information consuming services. I trust Microsoft more... Microsoft apps were the first things I downloaded though...

To end this, what do you plan to do with it? All of my devices are purchased for a specific reason... Tool, toy, add on, extension...

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
or wait for the Surface 3?

The Surface 2 just launched. There is not even any talk of a 3rd generation. If you wait, then you'll be asking "Do I buy the Surface 3 or wait for the Surface 4?" You'll be playing the waiting game, and you'll always be the loser. Buy the Surface 2 now and in a couple years, upgrade to whatever is available at that time.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro