surface2 Camera focus issues, who's experiencing, any word on fix?

gentrt

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
My Surface 2 camera will not focus. My Surface RT did not have this issue. I need the camera to photo receipts for my expense reports and they always come out blurred and illegible. I even went to the Microsoft store and their displays had the same issue. Have not been able to find much info on this issue and possible fix.

Thoughts?

Saurabh3321

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't know about how you clicked good photos on RT but the surface 2 has essentially a fixed focus camera.
Which means you cant vary the focal length. So macros and close up shots are out of question.

gentrt

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I will give an example that I tested at home on my rt and 2 and to the tech at the Microsoft store on their rt and surface 2 . I used a business card (small typeface white background black letters. on both RT 's the picture was focused and perfectly clear and legible on the surface 2's I tested the photos were blurred unreadable. They said it should be fixed on an update but have not heard anything.

Ken Curtis

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I am experiencing the same problem on my surface pro 2 - except that the camera did use to focus clearly close up for check deposits and receipts, and now it only produces blurry images up close, and can no longer be used for depositing checks, etc. Not sure what is going on. Checked my daughter's RT and it focuses fine. If there is a fix for this, I would love to find it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills