I feel dumb, but I cannot find where to change settings for display preferences in the Mail app. I'm using Gmail for my account through the Mail app, since that is the account that travels with me everywhere to all my devices. Two things are driving me crazy: 1) The small, default font; 2) Website links are NOT clickable hyperlinks. I've been in Mail settings and the control panel settings and can't find where I can change this. Can I??
    Gamely Lounges likes this.
    11-22-2013 09:54 AM
    1. Unfortunately you can't change that
    2. That's strange, they should be...
    11-22-2013 10:20 AM
    Thanks, but ARGH! Nope, not clickable. Anyone else use Gmail and have this problem.

I guess I'll make a Gmail browser link my mail app. I guess that might be the only way.
    11-22-2013 10:28 AM
    Am i missing something here?
    I use gmail on my Mail app.
    Whenever i get any mail with hyperlinks, they are clickable and they open up in IE in the right half screen.
    What is the problem you're facing?
    rdubmu likes this.
    11-22-2013 09:58 PM
    SOLVED!

I changed some setting through my gmail account and now, mysteriously, the hyperlinks are true hyperlinks ... not text. I changed a few things, so I'm not sure which was the one that did it ... none really seemed related. But I'm happy. Chalk it up to posting vodoo.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-23-2013 12:20 PM
    SOLVED!

I changed some setting through my gmail account and now, mysteriously, the hyperlinks are true hyperlinks ... not text. I changed a few things, so I'm not sure which was the one that did it ... none really seemed related. But I'm happy. Chalk it up to posting vodoo.
    Can you list what changes you made in your Gmail account? Thanks.
    11-23-2013 01:21 PM
    Can you list what changes you made in your Gmail account? Thanks.
    I'd like to tell you for sure, but I honestly can't remember everything. None of which would have had any difference. What I remember is that I updated my signature, changing my default send address, and changing to always use https server.

AN update on the hyperlink thing ... most everything is clickable. What I have found is not clickable are email notifications from groups like this one and other groups where I have subscribed to threads. The links are not clickable.
    11-24-2013 11:49 AM
    I'd like to tell you for sure, but I honestly can't remember everything. None of which would have had any difference. What I remember is that I updated my signature, changing my default send address, and changing to always use https server.

AN update on the hyperlink thing ... most everything is clickable. What I have found is not clickable are email notifications from groups like this one and other groups where I have subscribed to threads. The links are not clickable.
    Thanks. I tried to go into Gmail settings and mess around, but links remain unclickable. I wonder why. I'll look into this a bit more.
    11-24-2013 01:51 PM
    Let us know what you find out. I would still like links from forums like this to be clickable, and they're not, everything else appears to be OK though.
    11-25-2013 07:19 AM
    Let us know what you find out. I would still like links from forums like this to be clickable, and they're not, everything else appears to be OK though.
    The font size in the Mail app can be changed from the Charms bar: Settings -> Options -> Message font.
    Wendy Haylett likes this.
    11-25-2013 10:35 AM
    The font size in the Mail app can be changed from the Charms bar: Settings -> Options -> Message font.
    Thanks. But as far as I can see, that only affects the font size of the mail that you are writing and not of mail received. Is there a way to set a font size for mail received?
    11-25-2013 11:33 AM
    Thanks. But as far as I can see, that only affects the font size of the mail that you are writing and not of mail received. Is there a way to set a font size for mail received?
    For received mail you could always use pinch to zoom! It hardly takes a second.
    rdubmu likes this.
    11-26-2013 12:30 AM
    For received mail you could always use pinch to zoom! It hardly takes a second.
    Yes, I do that now. Thanks.
    11-26-2013 01:26 AM
    This has been driving me nuts lately. Has anyone figured out a fix for this problem?
    05-26-2014 09:21 AM
    This has been driving me nuts lately. Has anyone figured out a fix for this problem?
    Which problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-26-2014 10:07 AM
    Which problem?
    Many weblinks show up as plain text in my metro mail app. Specifically the emails from forums such as WP Central, Pentax Forums, and AdvRider. These weblinks all show up just fine on all of my other devices and apps as clickable hyperlinks.

Just now it took me at least 7 tries before I was able to copy the URL and then paste it into an IE window so I could respond to the "new post notification" that I received in my email.
    05-26-2014 12:12 PM