IE11 Back page doesn't cache...very SLOW to browse the web!!!!

AndroidRon

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Ok, this is a pretty frustrating issue with IE11 and makes web browsing painful...

On my Surface 2, IE11 back page (whether by screen finger swipe flicking right or by the keyboard) takes a LONG time to reload the page I was just on. It seems that it does an entire re-load of the page rather than caching the page like every other web browser does. Going back one page should be instantaneous.

I searched the Forums and it seems there are a number of pre-Windows 8.1 complaints about this on the Surface RT but there doesn't seem to be anyone experiencing this very slow Back page response with IE11 on their Surface 2's with Windows 8.1.

Am I the only one?

Ron

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I noticed this too. But a recent tip that I picked up was to go to Internet Option (on the desktop IE11), go to Browsing History> Settings> and then select 'newer versions of web pages every time I start Internet Explorer. It alleviated the problem to a large extent.

AndroidRon

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I noticed this too. But a recent tip that I picked up was to go to Internet Option (on the desktop IE11), go to Browsing History> Settings> and then select 'newer versions of web pages every time I start Internet Explorer. It alleviated the problem to a large extent.

Thanks for the tip. I changed it and it doesn't take. After you hit ok and then Exit out of Internet Properties it reverts back to "Automatically". Check yours to see if it's still on the 'newer versions' setting.

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. I changed it and it doesn't take. After you hit ok and then Exit out of Internet Properties it reverts back to "Automatically". Check yours to see if it's still on the 'newer versions' setting.

Nope. My works as per what I have mentioned above. Try closing all instances of IE11 - desktop and Modern UI - and then open up again.

AndroidRon

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
So strange...mine won't take and stays in "Automatically" no matter what. Did it with IE closed (didn't work), ran the Troubleshooter (no help there) also did a system Refresh (nothing). Nothing helps. Just perplexing and this is making browsing really painful!

langemyr

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I newer use metro ie because its to slow. The hole RT tablet susck bcause of tis. When i swipe back to prewious ite it takes about 10 sec before its ready.
Have Microsoft ever tryed the metro ie?
We baught 20 RT at work, but they got replaysed wit ipad because of browsing With ie

When i bowse back i want to be where i was. If i want an updated site i pres update.

Try facebook... evey time i click on a link and then browses back again im back at the top..
Only soulution is to open all links in New tab.

nwtravler

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Yep Metro IE sucks. If Chrome or Mozilla would come out with an alterative browser I would jump in a heartbeat. This is what makes people hate 8.1, they don't go use the desktop IE and just stew in their hate for the browser.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs