printer issues

umang_k91

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
so i got my surface 2 last weekend and I am loving it. Although microsofts website states that my printer(Brother DCP-J140W) is not compatible with windows rt, brothers website says otherwise. So I went down the install route that brother prescribed for it and it worked flawlessly. However, after i restarted my surface it still shows me the printer as an option in print but it says offline below it. My printer is online and it prints fine from my computer, but my surface still says offline.

I assumed a minor issue so i decided to delete the device and reinstall it, it worked fine again till i restarted my surface. Now it says offline again whenever I try to print something. Has anyone experienced this before? Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Saurabh3321

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
You're lucky my friend, my HP laserjet 3055 is stated as compatible on Microsoft hardware compatibility site but doesn't work no matter what i do!

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I just bought an HP e-printer (forget the exact model number). When plugged in to the Surface 2, it worked very well. However, can't seem to connect to the wireless part of the printer. Most likely I am making some mistakes in configuring it.

Saurabh3321

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I tried manually installing driver from the list. Surprisingly hp laserjet 3055 appears in the list but still doesn't function.
If i open "devices and printers" , it shows hp laserjet status as "not compatible with this version of windows"
The printer is old, i had bought it during windows XP era, but HP really does make one of the finest printers. No service needed yet!
Scanning/printing works perfect on windows 8 on my laptop but not on win RT.
I didn't try hooking it up to the network. Although i'm pretty sure it would work.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I just bought an HP e-printer (forget the exact model number). When plugged in to the Surface 2, it worked very well. However, can't seem to connect to the wireless part of the printer. Most likely I am making some mistakes in configuring it.
I had the same problem. I used the app from the windows store to manually add the IP address from the printer. Has been running good ever since.

Adam Morris2

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

We are also having this issue on a regular basis I have not worked out a permanent fix for it however if you type services.msc (assuming you are the local admin) into the start screen then navigate to print spooler in that menu and restart it your printers will work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea