surface vs nokia my experience

nwtravler

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Nokia 2520 the day it was released, the specs, form, and screen made me want it over the Surface. Yesterday I retuned the Nokia and got the Surface2.
Performance- I can't tell any difference in how they both perform. On basic web surfacing, opening documents, working on email there is no real difference.
Screen-Both look the same but the Surface is more sensitive and responsive. It's easier to scroll and select on the Surface. The Nokia was much worse on the finger prints.

I haven't really been able to put the batteries to the test but they are pretty much equal.

Nokia was giving away a free keyboard, unfortunately I bought mine the day it was launched and the free keyboard started the day after. There was no budging on this. You can't buy a keyboard for the Nokia yet but the added batter capacity will be a bonus. I love the type keyboard with the surface.

Cost-The surface with the type keyboard, a $25 market card, nice sleeve, was only $50 more than the Nokia.

I really feel after having the Nokia for 2 weeks that the Surface is a better unit and a better value. Now if I could just get a Chrome or Mozilla browser I would be all set.

json jett

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
So, you do not mind no LTE? I got the 2520 for $200 on a 2-year, $10 a month data-only plan at AT&T; with a free power keyboard to arrive within six weeks from Nokia. That was for one niece. For another, I got the fire-sale Windows RT for $200 at a Microsoft store; but have to wait for a backordered $80 touch keyboard, or the combo of touch and type keyboards for $130. To me, both purchases were no-brainers; and I get to play, er test, them for three weeks...

nwtravler

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
So, you do not mind no LTE? I got the 2520 for $200 on a 2-year, $10 a month data-only plan at AT&T; with a free power keyboard to arrive within six weeks from Nokia. That was for one niece. For another, I got the fire-sale Windows RT for $200 at a Microsoft store; but have to wait for a backordered $80 touch keyboard, or the combo of touch and type keyboards for $130. To me, both purchases were no-brainers; and I get to play, er test, them for three weeks...

I don't mind the no LTE at all and am glad I bought without the Verizon contract. I have hotspot with my phone and won't be using mobile data all that much on the tablet. The Microsoft store in Portland had all the items in stock, and had package deals with the keyboard to save about $130.

ttxzee

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Screen-Both look the same but the Surface is more sensitive and responsive. It's easier to scroll and select on the Surface. The Nokia was much worse on the finger prints.

I know the Surface 2's screen is very slippery. i tried to put sticky notes on the glass but they just fall right off!

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I have messed with both and am happy I went with the Surface. The build quality is much higher. The Nokia feels cheaper when in hand, compared to the Surface.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6