g808

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm debating on pre-ordering vs. trying my luck a MS store when they're released. I'm skeptical if they will be shipped on time and the MS Store tends to have a decent amount of stock of product on release (at least here in Northern California). I've been able to walk into a MS store on release day and they had stock of the 1520 and Lumia Icon. Hoping for the same with the power cover.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Just got an email that my Power Cover has shipped! Really looking forward to see how much of an increase in battery life I get IRL. It should get here just in time for BUILD.

The price seems steep imo. The surface is already more expensive than the iPad.

Surface 2 32GB - $449
iPad Mini Retina 32GB - $519
iPad Air 32GB - $619

Surface 2 64GB - $549
iPad Mini Retina 64GB - $619
iPad Air 64GB - $719

In what world is the iPad cheaper?

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
How much would it cost to get a quality external battery and a quality keyboard cover for an iPad?
Don't know about the battery, but one of the best keyboard covers for the iPad 4 is the Logitech Ultrathin keyboard cover.... MSRP $99, but is often discounted... I have a black one that I bought for my iPad 4 for $80. I bought a red one for my wife's iPad 2 for $20.

Having said that, I think that $130 for the Type Cover 2 is a bit excessive. I bought a purple one and love it but it was a hard pill to swallow.

Cobb

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
FYI, you can get refurbished type covers on ebay for less than 40 bucks shipped. At first all I could find was a bright pink/purple one. Then found a black one. Even came in a microsoft box, but it was as thin as a magazine, but not that flexible.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I ended up pre-ordering it yesterday. $200 is steep (TBH I think Microsoft should be selling all these covers for at least half of what they are now) but I think over the long haul for me it'll be worth it of the 70% additional battery life is true. I'm pretty hard on my Surface, and end up recharging it quite a bit.

I bought a 2nd laptop battery a few years ago for about $75. This is also a keyboard, I think it is priced right for what you are getting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cobb

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Its a neat idea to put a battery in a keyboard. Most keyboards have some dead space that are perfect for a few flat pouch like cells. Its just the fact I had read problems with the keyboard draining power or not working when its resumed that puts me off. Plus not sure ther eis a way to recharge the keyboard apart from the surface. Think for now I would rather have a generic power connector for it and one of those portable batteries used for an ipad or phone charger between outlets.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans