Nvidia Display Driver

codbod

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
My display driver is still crashing after the 12-10-13 update. Is this happening to anyone else still?

When I woke my surface 2 today I received 10 messages saying the display driver stopped working and was recovered?

Any tips what to do?

codbod

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
No, I refreshed after the firmware update. It has blue screened multiple times refreshing now. I am trying to reset it to factory now. It has blue screened once now.

codbod

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Right now its stuck on the surface logo and says resetting PC 2%. Its been there for about a half hour.

Any ideas?

livekyle

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Right now its stuck on the surface logo and says resetting PC 2%. Its been there for about a half hour.

Any ideas?
I made the experience that it does take the longest time for the first two percent (maybe like 20 minutes or so) and then it goes relatively fast. If it is still at 2% something probably went wrong, I'm afraid : (

codbod

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I made the experience that it does take the longest time for the first two percent (maybe like 20 minutes or so) and then it goes relatively fast. If it is still at 2% something probably went wrong, I'm afraid : (

Waited some more and it loaded up. Trying to set it up the way I had it before, I chose to factory restore and install updates again.

Hoping to prevent these display driver crashes

analemma7

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue--installed Dec 10 update successfully, then factory reset also w/ blue screen. Now when i apply the Dec 10 update, it says it updated...but when i go to device manager and actually look at the Nvidia Tegra driver version, its the old one, from August!! Tried resetting again, no luck...all the drivers (audio, video, etc) are all stuck at stock versions, even after a "successful" firmware update. uh oh...anybody else running into this??

codbod

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Didn't you sync your settings to Skydrive? If you did and signed up with your Microsoft-Account during the restore, everything should already be there...?Y

Yes I had the option, but I used it the first time and tried a refresh and bluescreened again. I then reset and chose to set up as new and no more bluescreens.

codbod

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue--installed Dec 10 update successfully, then factory reset also w/ blue screen. Now when i apply the Dec 10 update, it says it updated...but when i go to device manager and actually look at the Nvidia Tegra driver version, its the old one, from August!! Tried resetting again, no luck...all the drivers (audio, video, etc) are all stuck at stock versions, even after a "successful" firmware update. uh oh...anybody else running into this??

Exact same issue I am having right now. All the drivers are stock... Trying to figure this out.

analemma7

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Exact same issue I am having right now. All the drivers are stock... Trying to figure this out.

Yeah...I even tried going into device manager and clicking update driver and then selecting driver manually. It actually shows the newer driver from 11/26, but it doesn't actually update or do anything when you try to click it. Hmm...MS support was no help to me either

codbod

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Yeah...I even tried going into device manager and clicking update driver and then selecting driver manually. It actually shows the newer driver from 11/26, but it doesn't actually update or do anything when you try to click it. Hmm...MS support was no help to me either

chatting with support currently

ca_meo

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
which one is the latest version? mine is 9.17.13.2767

analemma7

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
yeah, .2767 with a date of november (26th, iirc), is the latest version. unfortunately after resetting it seems like drivers are stuck at the August/stock versions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers