Shop HP’s Memorial Day Sale:Save up to 61% on PCs and more!
01-01-2014 10:27 AM
35 12
tools
    My display driver is still crashing after the 12-10-13 update. Is this happening to anyone else still?

When I woke my surface 2 today I received 10 messages saying the display driver stopped working and was recovered?

Any tips what to do?
    12-17-2013 12:10 PM
    Just tried a refresh and it bluescreen'd on me.

"Pagefault in nonpaged area"
    12-17-2013 12:18 PM
    Did you do the firmware update after the refresh?
    12-17-2013 12:47 PM
    No, I refreshed after the firmware update. It has blue screened multiple times refreshing now. I am trying to reset it to factory now. It has blue screened once now.
    12-17-2013 01:13 PM
    The update did not fix the video_scheduler error on my S2.
    12-17-2013 01:22 PM
    Right now its stuck on the surface logo and says resetting PC 2%. Its been there for about a half hour.

Any ideas?
    12-17-2013 01:24 PM
    Right now its stuck on the surface logo and says resetting PC 2%. Its been there for about a half hour.

Any ideas?
    I made the experience that it does take the longest time for the first two percent (maybe like 20 minutes or so) and then it goes relatively fast. If it is still at 2% something probably went wrong, I'm afraid : (
    codbod likes this.
    12-17-2013 02:26 PM
    I made the experience that it does take the longest time for the first two percent (maybe like 20 minutes or so) and then it goes relatively fast. If it is still at 2% something probably went wrong, I'm afraid : (
    Waited some more and it loaded up. Trying to set it up the way I had it before, I chose to factory restore and install updates again.

Hoping to prevent these display driver crashes
    12-17-2013 03:03 PM
    I had the same issue--installed Dec 10 update successfully, then factory reset also w/ blue screen. Now when i apply the Dec 10 update, it says it updated...but when i go to device manager and actually look at the Nvidia Tegra driver version, its the old one, from August!! Tried resetting again, no luck...all the drivers (audio, video, etc) are all stuck at stock versions, even after a "successful" firmware update. uh oh...anybody else running into this??
    12-17-2013 04:22 PM
    ...Trying to set it up the way I had it before...
    Didn't you sync your settings to Skydrive? If you did and signed up with your Microsoft-Account during the restore, everything should already be there...?
    12-17-2013 04:54 PM
    Didn't you sync your settings to Skydrive? If you did and signed up with your Microsoft-Account during the restore, everything should already be there...?Y
    Yes I had the option, but I used it the first time and tried a refresh and bluescreened again. I then reset and chose to set up as new and no more bluescreens.
    12-17-2013 06:59 PM
    I had the same issue--installed Dec 10 update successfully, then factory reset also w/ blue screen. Now when i apply the Dec 10 update, it says it updated...but when i go to device manager and actually look at the Nvidia Tegra driver version, its the old one, from August!! Tried resetting again, no luck...all the drivers (audio, video, etc) are all stuck at stock versions, even after a "successful" firmware update. uh oh...anybody else running into this??
    Exact same issue I am having right now. All the drivers are stock... Trying to figure this out.
    12-17-2013 06:59 PM
    Exact same issue I am having right now. All the drivers are stock... Trying to figure this out.
    Yeah...I even tried going into device manager and clicking update driver and then selecting driver manually. It actually shows the newer driver from 11/26, but it doesn't actually update or do anything when you try to click it. Hmm...MS support was no help to me either
    12-17-2013 07:33 PM
    Yeah...I even tried going into device manager and clicking update driver and then selecting driver manually. It actually shows the newer driver from 11/26, but it doesn't actually update or do anything when you try to click it. Hmm...MS support was no help to me either
    chatting with support currently
    12-17-2013 07:56 PM
    chatting with support currently
    sounds good! I'll try again later as well-- let me know what they suggest to you!
    12-17-2013 08:01 PM
    sounds good! I'll try again later as well-- let me know what they suggest to you!
    They were unable to resolve the issue and are replacing the device.
    12-17-2013 08:19 PM
    which one is the latest version? mine is 9.17.13.2767
    12-18-2013 02:57 AM
    Just tried a refresh and it bluescreen'd on me.

"Pagefault in nonpaged area"
    Whilst I'm not suffering from the display driver crashing, for what it's worth I receive this bluescreen error every time I've done a refresh.
    codbod likes this.
    12-18-2013 02:58 PM
    yeah, .2767 with a date of november (26th, iirc), is the latest version. unfortunately after resetting it seems like drivers are stuck at the August/stock versions.
    12-18-2013 05:23 PM
    Same issue here. Havent found a fix yet.
    12-21-2013 11:31 AM
    Same problem here. Old driver, otherwise everything seems okay, but cannot refresh. (It BSOD'd during refresh)
    12-21-2013 03:50 PM
    Same problem here, BSOD when refreshing, drivers stuck at August.

Update - Just got off chat to support, he told me to fully reset the device which also caused a BSOD, and he stated that this shows there are "missing or corrupted files in the recovery partition of the device and that is why the refresh and the reset have not been working". They're sending me a replacement device, I went with the advanced exchange option where they send you out a device and they place a hold on your credit card, as long as you return the faulty device within 14 days then the hold is lifted. This should take 2-3 business days. Unfortunate timing around Christmas but I'd rather have a working device for when I return to work.

Certainly won't be refreshing my new device when it arrives... They seriously need to fix this fault. The representative didn't seem aware of it, and thought the driver might be up to date despite me telling him what the latest driver version is (helpful chap though, I imagine not many users have reported this yet).
    Last edited by ChazTyldsley; 12-24-2013 at 10:33 AM.
    12-24-2013 06:46 AM
    Same problem here, BSOD when refreshing, drivers stuck at August.

Update - Just got off chat to support, he told me to fully reset the device which also caused a BSOD, and stated that this shows their are "missing or corrupted files in the recovery partition of the device and that is why the refresh and the reset have not been working". They're sending me a replacement device, I went with the advanced exchange option where they send you out a device and they place a hold on your credit card, as long as you return the faulty device within 14 days then the hold is lifted. This should take 2-3 business days. Unfortunate timing around Christmas but I'd rather have a working device for when I return to work.

Certainly won't be refreshing my new device when it arrives... They seriously need to fix this fault. The representative didn't seem aware of it, and thought the driver might be up to date despite me telling him what the latest driver version is (helpful chap though, I imagine not many users have reported this yet).
    Same problem, and same solution for me. Got a new replacement device with the advanced exchange (was very fast - overnight shipping). New device is flawless and better constructed than the previous one, all updated and will not be performing a refresh/reset.
    12-24-2013 09:22 AM
    When you guys got your replacement units, are they brand new or refurbished?
    12-27-2013 10:15 PM
    When you guys got your replacement units, are they brand new or refurbished?
    Also adding to this question, did you have warranty for your device or did they offer the replacement without question?
    12-28-2013 12:45 AM
35 12