New update wrecks something else

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Can they give us an update without breaking something that worked? This doesn't happen all the time, but it does occasionally. If I switch back and forth between the headset and unplugging them to use the speaker and then go back to the headset, sometimes you lose control of the volume. You move the volume bar up and down, but the actual volume doesn't change at all. Can you idiots at Microsoft try releasing the next update WITHOUT BREAKING SOMETHING THAT CURRENTLY WORKS.

Divjot Singh

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah , this issue exists since GDR1 or even way back I guess. So apparently the GDR3 did nothing about it. It usually happens when I play videos and swap back to a song or something. Only fix is to restart , or change volume (nothing happens) -> go to next song and then come to previous one -> volume is changed. Basically the update to volume stops being realtime .

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah , this issue exists since GDR1 or even way back I guess. So apparently the GDR3 did nothing about it. It usually happens when I play videos and swap back to a song or something. Only fix is to restart , or change volume (nothing happens) -> go to next song and then come to previous one -> volume is changed. Basically the update to volume stops being realtime .

Sorry, are you talking about the Surface 2 or Windows Phone 8?

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Can they give us an update without breaking something that worked? This doesn't happen all the time, but it does occasionally. If I switch back and forth between the headset and unplugging them to use the speaker and then go back to the headset, sometimes you lose control of the volume. You move the volume bar up and down, but the actual volume doesn't change at all. Can you idiots at Microsoft try releasing the next update WITHOUT BREAKING SOMETHING THAT CURRENTLY WORKS.

I don't have this issue on my Surface 2. Have you tried refreshing Windows (choose the option that leaves your files and apps on untouched)? Or better yet, tried getting a replacement device from Microsoft?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss