Build quality: Surface is creaking

livekyle

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey,

I wanted ask if anyone else noticed this lack of build quality on their Surface 2. I'm talking about the plastic part on the back of the Surface (the one that houses the camera). Overall it's not fitting into the rest of the device very well (edges standing out etc.). But the biggest concern that I have is that it's creaking when I apply the least amount of pressure on it.
I know this is OCD stuff but I excpect better quality from a device in that price range. After all this is not a 150$ Android plastic tablet...

luv2skipow

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Not happening on mine but had other build issues.
Just keep returning until you get one you are happy with.
Advanced exchange provides no loss of use.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Hey,

I wanted ask if anyone else noticed this lack of build quality on their Surface 2. I'm talking about the plastic part on the back of the Surface (the one that houses the camera). Overall it's not fitting into the rest of the device very well (edges standing out etc.). But the biggest concern that I have is that it's creaking when I apply the least amount of pressure on it.
I know this is OCD stuff but I excpect better quality from a device in that price range. After all this is not a 150$ Android plastic tablet...

Mine is solid.

TheDarKnight

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Yes the build quality is horrible on the surface 2, my surface 1 was perfect, I got two surface 2 today and they both had similar build quality issues straight out of the box, returned both of them, really disappointed.20140728_225307_Android 1.jpg20140729_134219_Android 1.jpgUntitled.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos