I have a Windows 8 phone and and looking to create some overlap and replication in how I use my Surface 2. I appreciate everyone's help with the following questions, and it's likely that I will have more as I begin to dig deeper.

1. Is there a calendar app that displays upcoming events/appointments similar to WP8 Simple Calendar app? Or can this be done in some with the built in calendar app?
    2. How do I pull up the list of open apps from the left? I did it accidentally once but can't figure out how to do it again.
    3. How do I close apps from the open app list that I accidentally pulled in from the left?
    4. Can I create a linked inbox similar to how I have on my Lumia 1520?
    5. Why can't I access my downloaded games from the Xbox app? It looks like I can only access them individually from the app list.

Thanks again!
    12-21-2013 12:29 PM
    1. Can't answer this right now, since I'm away from my laptop.
    2. Swipe in from the left, then swipe the app back to the left. Other than this, disable "switch to most recent app" or something like this in PC Settings.
    3. Same method. You'd drag to bottom, of course.
    4. Of course. Go to the settings, then go on from there.
    5. That's the point.
    JaiMento likes this.
    12-21-2013 12:43 PM
    1. Built in Calendar app can do it if it is updated to the latest version. Right click or swipe in from top or bottom edge and the tab up top will allow you to change the view. Select "What's next".

2. With touch, swipe in from left, but don't release the app preview, then swipe it back off screen to the left. With mouse, activate top left hot corner then swipe down.

3. To close an app that is on screen, start from the top bezel and swipe down to the bottom bezel. Do not release to the app preview shrinks in size and goes transparent. This will remove it from the open app list, but keep it running in task manager. To completely close, do the above, but do not release until the app preview flips and is showing the app tile icon. To close apps directly from the open app list, tap and hold the app until the square pops up and reveals the context menu. Select close.

4. You can't create a linked inbox with the built in mail app, but all emails setup will be accessed from within the app and each inbox can be accessed with one click.

5. Games app is just for access to gamertag and associated info. It is not for launching games. You can pin games to your start screen.
    Last edited by JaiMento; 12-21-2013 at 01:03 PM.
    12-21-2013 12:49 PM
    1. Built in Calendar app can do it if it is updated to the latest version. Right click or swipe in from top or bottom edge and the tab up top will allow you to change the view. Select "What's next".
    Sorry, I meant can upcoming events be shown on the live tile rather than having to go in to the app.
    12-21-2013 04:36 PM
    Sorry, I meant can upcoming events be shown on the live tile rather than having to go in to the app.
    Upcoming events are shown on the Live Tile. Make the Live Tile large, if you want more than one event to be displayed.
    12-21-2013 04:41 PM
    I just made the tile large. Hopefully it will begin to show upcoming calendar events.

Is there any way to download torrents? I see there's a couple torrent apps but I haven't been able to actually download anything.
    12-21-2013 11:38 PM
    I just made the tile large. Hopefully it will begin to show upcoming calendar events.

Is there any way to download torrents? I see there's a couple torrent apps but I haven't been able to actually download anything.
    uTorrent Client app for Windows in the Windows Store
    12-22-2013 01:02 AM
    Thank you Laura. I will give that a shot when I have some free time. Is there a free app similar to this one?

Also, what is the best manner to stream from tablet to to TV or XB1? I have Nokia Beam on my Lumia 1520 and I'm not happy with how that works. Its very slow and delayed and only works well to show pictures.
    12-23-2013 11:19 PM
    I figured out how to stream using Smartglass.

I tried downloading Torrex to download torrents and it seems to work great. However, a song that I downloaded won't play. It takes me to Xbox Music but then says the file type may not be supported. I have verified it's an MP3.

Any idea what the issue may be?
    12-26-2013 11:24 PM
    I figured out how to stream using Smartglass.

I tried downloading Torrex to download torrents and it seems to work great. However, a song that I downloaded won't play. It takes me to Xbox Music but then says the file type may not be supported. I have verified it's an MP3.

Any idea what the issue may be?
    Corrupt file? Corrupt user? Maybe it knows you are stealing music?
    12-28-2013 01:00 PM