Experience with Personal Cloud HDD with a Surface 2

jrodd09

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, I will be receiving a Surface 2 for xmas and want to know if anyone has experience using a "personal cloud HDD" such as the WD My Cloud or any others? I have tons of music, videos, etc and would want all my media to go on one of these HDD and leave my Skydrive for business files and so on. Can anyone recommend a device or provide your experiences? Basically, it comes to, I want to be able to access music using my Surface 2 around my condo wherever and whenever without losing precious space on my surface.

thanks in advance! Happy Holidays everyone.

livekyle

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
All I can say is that I have all my music, pictures and videos on my main desktop pc and access them on my Surface. For example XBox Music is set to search for music in \\"MYDesktopHere"\Users\"MyName"\Music and it works just fine. The same goes for pictures etc. My desktop pc has to be turned on obviously but other than that there are no limitations. So if you get a special device for that it should work as well. As long as it's in your network of course...

Hope that answered your question:wink:

louser

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I have the WD personal cloud and it is amazing on my Surface 2. Just like my Win 8 mdesktop it shows up as a big icon in windows explorer. From there I can watch any Movie, TV sho or listen to music. The only way to add or delete files on the cloud is to connect to it by Windows key + R and type in the path to it. I even hook mine up to my TV and stream my movies on the big screen. I really dig my WD personal cloud!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss