Since purchasing my Surface RT I've found that I use my desktop Windows 8 computer less and less. The only thing I still turn it on for is image editing and browsing. I'm fine with doing my image editing on the desktop as I photograph in RAW, and the raw files would take to much space anyway. What I do want to be able to do though is browse my image library on my Surface.

I use lightroom 4 on my desktop (will probably upgrade to version 5 soon if that makes any difference). What I want to do is export my entire image library to skydrive so that I can browse them on my Surface. I recently upgraded to a surface 2, meaning I got 200 gb of skydrive storage. I've never tried this though and so I was wondering how limited this is. Can I search for images based on keywords while browsing the images from skydrive? Will lightroom be able to sync directly to skydrive without having to store all the jpegs on a mirrored folder on my desktop, and if so, will it track changes I make so that these are exported, without having to redo every image, to the skydrive folder?

I've also taken a look at adobe revel, but I still don't quite understand how it works. Would revel be a better service for my needs than skydrive?
    Deutscher2 likes this.
    12-22-2013 03:41 AM
    Since purchasing my Surface RT I've found that I use my desktop Windows 8 computer less and less. The only thing I still turn it on for is image editing and browsing. I'm fine with doing my image editing on the desktop as I photograph in RAW, and the raw files would take to much space anyway. What I do want to be able to do though is browse my image library on my Surface.

I use lightroom 4 on my desktop (will probably upgrade to version 5 soon if that makes any difference). What I want to do is export my entire image library to skydrive so that I can browse them on my Surface. I recently upgraded to a surface 2, meaning I got 200 gb of skydrive storage. I've never tried this though and so I was wondering how limited this is. Can I search for images based on keywords while browsing the images from skydrive? Will lightroom be able to sync directly to skydrive without having to store all the jpegs on a mirrored folder on my desktop, and if so, will it track changes I make so that these are exported, without having to redo every image, to the skydrive folder?

I've also taken a look at adobe revel, but I still don't quite understand how it works. Would revel be a better service for my needs than skydrive?
    What I do is I use SkyDrive to store images I ONLY want to view on the Surface or Windows phone. I can't think of any other reason to put the images on
    your SkyDrive. Unless you want to create a folder to share with someone, which I normally don't do.

I am not familiar with Revel.
    12-23-2013 01:43 PM