Hello all. My wife was able to get me a surface 2 for Christmas and I'm really enjoying it. Anyone have any tips and tricks that I may not know about to make this enjoyment even better?
    12-27-2013 03:46 PM
    Hey man,

glad you're enjoying your Surface!

Maybe you'll find some interesting stuff in this video:

Twitter@Firas_MD likes this.
    12-27-2013 04:05 PM
    Hey there,

welcome to WPCentral and of course: congrats for your Surface 2 :) It is really a very nice device and I am sure you will have a lot of fun :)

Tipps/tricks wise I would name some of the awesome things I do with my Surface 2. Maybe some of them are useful for you...

-You can connect an external monitor to your S2 and use 5 Apps at the same time. If your external has a 1920x1080 resolution, you will be able to have 3 apps running in multitask on that screen and also two more on the surface itself

-You can use network-drives

-If you want to use USB-keyboards and such a normal usb 2.0 hub will work out just fine.

-If you want to pin files to your Startscreen (which is not possible by default) you can use the App "tile a file"

-If you need more space for your tiles / smaller tiles on your screen. Here is something you can do: Run more apps and show more tiles on your Surface 2 or high-dpi Windows 8.1 Laptop - Scott Hanselman

-For checking your battery-status you can use the "batteryreport"-option in windows. For that just open the command prompt and type in "powercfg /batteryreport". An html-file (battery-report.html) will be created. The comand prompt will give you the location as a reaction to the command you typed in :)

- There are a lot of awesome apps you can use the share option with. So if you are browsing a site or using a specific app, often you are able to "share" the content with other apps. Different apps use that option for different purposes. Just try it out ;)

I hope I could help a bit.

Greetz and of course: enjoy your Surface :)

RT USER 1962, tp2386 and MDak280 like this.
    12-27-2013 04:12 PM
    Plenty of tips and tricks already posted in the last two pages of this thread.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/mic...omparison.html
    tp2386 likes this.
    12-27-2013 04:13 PM