Surface 2 Battery Life

ShaunKL

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Now that the Surface 2 has been out for a while I was wondering how battery life has been for its owners. After the initial reviews I haven't seen anyone talking about their battery life. Also if you could, what are your usage patterns(apps, games, wi-fi) in relation to your battery life? Thank you.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Battery Life isn't too bad on my Surface 2, i kinda hoped it would be better than what i get, but ether way.

I still get about a days worth of battery life based on usage. :)

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Battery Life isn't too bad on my Surface 2, i kinda hoped it would be better than what i get, but ether way.

I still get about a days worth of battery life based on usage. :)

Same here. For example, beginning with 100%, in 4 hours 30 mins (approx.), the battery icon shows 60%. During this time, I am working on a very long Word document, browser is open with at least two tabs (constantly being used), Mail App open and checking 2 accounts every 30 mins and one account all the time, Wifi on and active, BT on, but inactive (i.e., nothing paired to it). I also have all the Live tiles working. Additionally, I also have at least one app (aside from the ones mentioned above) open - usually it is either Flipboard or the Reading List app.

The only thing is when I am moving around my workplace and while commuting, I have flight mode on.

Interestingly, I have found that if I tether the Surface 2 to my phone (thankfully I have unlimited data and free tethering), the battery consumption is a bit lower - say, by around 5% or so.

Effectively, therefore, I would say that if I needed to, then the Surface 2 would probably last for close to 10 hours, which is not all that bad.

luv2skipow

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I think the fact that no one has been talking about it is a good thing.
Usually short battery life is the source of endless ********.

thatdennis

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Well for me, it was at first 6 hours of light use and I felt a bit scammed. After prolonged uses (like 1 month or so), the battery became extremely better. I start school from 7pm - 3pm, and always have wi-fi connected. Generally in those hours I browse, type, take pictures of teacher's notes, download media and watch youtube. It lasted the whole school day (9 hours), and after coming home I still had 15% battery to fiddle around with more browsing and streaming for about an hour. So in total it was about 10 hours of moderate use. Be warned though when you first purchase the Surface 2, use it for a prolonged time for the battery to be able to live a long time.

Cheewii Poon

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Well for me, it was at first 6 hours of light use and I felt a bit scammed. After prolonged uses (like 1 month or so), the battery became extremely better. I start school from 7pm - 3pm, and always have wi-fi connected. Generally in those hours I browse, type, take pictures of teacher's notes, download media and watch youtube. It lasted the whole school day (9 hours), and after coming home I still had 15% battery to fiddle around with more browsing and streaming for about an hour. So in total it was about 10 hours of moderate use. Be warned though when you first purchase the Surface 2, use it for a prolonged time for the battery to be able to live a long time.

Hey dennis, this isn't really related but I was just curious about your signature which said that you didn't need to bring aroudn your textbooks anymore after getting a Surface 2. I'm interested in getting one for school work too, just wondering how you managed to not bring your textbooks/notebooks anymore? Don't you still need to refer to the content on them? Thanks!

thatdennis

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey dennis, this isn't really related but I was just curious about your signature which said that you didn't need to bring aroudn your textbooks anymore after getting a Surface 2. I'm interested in getting one for school work too, just wondering how you managed to not bring your textbooks/notebooks anymore? Don't you still need to refer to the content on them? Thanks!

Well I use One Note now for taking notes, just type or take a picture, no hassle. It organizes itself very well and continues with the last time you used it, so you can pick up the work easily.

As for notebooks, I have the .pdf version from the librarians, so I just need to open that up.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720