Track pad interferes with typing (oh, and the Backspace issue)

Sean Stanley

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if this is unique to S2 and the type cover, because I run into this with my laptop, but here goes.

Does anyone else have problems with typing documents (or form posts, etc.) and while typing, their thumbs hit the track pad and it registers as something, and all of a sudden your cursor jumps to some other spot on the page and before you realize what's happens, you've typed a few letters somewhere else on the page? You then have to delete that mistake, and retype where it was meant to be. Only to have it happen off and on as long as you are typing? Drives me crazy.

The other thing I've found very annoying, especially while posting in forms, is that the Backspace button (which I use to correct issues more often than Delete) can cause you to switch back to the prior web page if pressed to long (I think). So I'll be typing a post (it actually just happened - thank you Auto Save) and then all of a sudden I'll go back to the prior page, losing everything I type.

Are there any settings to stop this, or something obvious I'm missing (aside from not touching the track pad or using Backspace)?

Thanks for the help.

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I don't know about the second problem, but I have faced the first problem...a lot actually. When I had the Surface RT (i.e., 1st Gen), I had bought myself the Wedge Mouse and had turned off the trackpad. But then the mouse broke and since getting the Surface 2, I have discovered the advantages/ ease of using the touch screen as I wait for the MS-UK store to make available the Surface Arc Mouse. I have turned off the trackpad completely and to be honest, I don't miss it at all. It is horrible, actually. I wish MS could have solved the Windows trackpad issues way back, but they continue to linger, which is also why when I used to use laptops, I always bought myself ThinkPads. That way I could turn off the trackpad and use either a good mouse or the trackpoint. The latter worked really well for me.

Sean Stanley

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Where can you turn off the track pad on S2? I can't find it anywhere, and the App I got off the Store that seemed like it would do this doesn't see my Type Cover 2.

monkeypimp

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I just shut off Taps on the trackpad as well as the swiping from left or right and I do not have any issues with the trackpad anymore and I can still use it when I want to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo